Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Training was brutal. 

Panting slightly as I finished my fifth mile, I took a chug of water once I peeled off the course and next to the bench, "Is all the running really necessary?" 

Liam smiled, "Does someone not like training?' 

"Not really," I scrunched up my nose. 

He laughed, "Aw. Perk up buttercup! We still have a whole two hours." 

I groaned. 

Everyone began to finish their running and joined us. Finally, all of the eligible pack members that could come were gathered around. Liam projected his voice, "Today we will work on combat in wolf form. Partner up and shift. But first, please make sure you have extra clothes to change into afterwards." His eyes flickered towards me. 

Jill was dragged away from me by Drew, Cat and Danny had already partnered up, leaving Alyssa and I. I smiled at her, "Hey partner." 

She chuckled, "Howdy." 

Setting our spare clothes in designated areas, we walked back to the mat and both shifted. I snarled and she snapped back. We both barked in laughter but stopped when Liam scolded us. I rolled my eyes and put my weight back on my hind legs. Alyssa copied my moves, her eyes narrowing at me. 

Alyssa was the first to spring up, but I avoided her by sliding under her belly and punching her in the stomach. Her wolf whined but she got back up quickly. She growled and I growled back, louder than her. She half-bowed her head in submission and I blinked in surprise. 

Why'd you submit? I questioned her. 

She responded with Because you're my luna, you rank above me. 

Once again, I blinked in surprise. Looking up, I saw a circle around us, everyone staring in awe. Liam smiled at me proudly and winked. Walking away from the circle, I walked over to the spot where I had left my clothes and quickly shifted, pulling on my spare clothes. 

Walking back out, I saw Alyssa had already shifted and changed back. She smiled and lightly hit my arm, "You've got skill girl." 

"I know," I winked. 

She groaned, "Oh god, you're turning into Liam!" 

My eyes widened, "Oh no!" 

Alyssa nodded, her eyes as wide as mine before we both started cracking up. 

"How is that a bad thing?" Liam questioned, walking up next to us and wrapping his arm around my shoulder. 

I sighed, "It's okay, Lee. Not everyone can understand such amazing comedy." 

He furrowed his eyebrows, trying to figure out what Alyssa and I were laughing at him for. Oh, he was just too priceless. 

"Faith!" Jill shouted as I picked up my phone. I could hear Alyssa shouting profanities and Cat screaming in the background. "We're coming to get you! Be ready in ten minutes!" 

"Where are we going exactly?" I question. 

She giggled, "To the mall, of course!" 

In the background, I heard Cat scream, "I'm not going!" 

"Why not!?" Alyssa roared. 

"Because I found my mate!" Cat rebutted. Case closed. 

Jill sighed, "Just be ready in ten minutes!" 

Pressing the end button, I walked over to my mirror and looked over my outfit. I was wearing light blue jeans, a white top and a large grey sweater over top of it. My hair was in it's natural waves and I decided to slide on my grey Sperries before grabbing my bag and phone and heading down the stairs. 

"Where are you going?" Jason asked me, raising an eyebrow as I jogged past him down the steps. 

Without glancing back, I called, "To the mall with Jill and Alyssa!" 

"Be careful!" He shouted back as I made my way outside and down the sidewalk to Jill's car. Climbing into the back seat, I smiled at the two up front. 

"Hey hottie," Jill winked at me. 

I laughed, "Hey loser." 

 She fake gasped, feigning hurt, "I'm offended that you think I'm a loser!" 

"Whatever loser," I stuck my tongue out at her, "So where are we going first?" 

"Forever 21!" Jill exclaimed. 

At the same time, Alyssa called out, "Wet seal." 

They looked at me, waiting for my choice. I sighed, "Wet seal." 

Jill pouted the rest of the way to the mall. 

Once we stepped into the thankfully heated building, we made our way into Wet Seal and did some browsing. Alyssa bought a dress for the winter formal, even though it was still three months away. But whatever-- her choice. Jill walked out with a letterman's jacket in the purple bag. 

Our next stop was to Forever 21, much to Jill's delight. She squealed and ran around the store. At the end of this journey, she walked out carrying three bags filled with clothes. Honestly, I didn't know where she put all these clothes. 

"Can we go into Spencer's? I wanna see if they have any beanies," Alyssa asked us. 

We nodded, neither of us having another preferred store at the moment. 

Walking into the dimly lit store, I heard Alyssa hum in triumph as she spotted some beanies by the register. She picked one out and waited for a worker to come. 

"Fancy seeing you guys here," A voice said. Jill and I jumped, but relaxed when we turned around. 

Jill smiled, "Hey, Justin. How's it going?" 

"Great," He beamed, "I didn't peg you two as Spencer's type of girls." 

I shrugged, "We shop all over the place." 

He nodded. 

"So, what are you doing here?" Jill questioned. While he was answering, I glanced over at Alyssa who was watching him with caution. 

Do you not trust him either? I asked her through the pack link. 

She responded in a heartbeat, Not at all. 

"I have to ask you guys something," He said suddenly. 

I raised an eyebrow. He turned around and shut the door, leaving the store dimmer than it already was. 

"What's your question?" Jill asked. 

Suddenly he plunged a syringe into Jill's arm and she collapsed unconscious on the floor. He narrowed his eyes at me, "You can go the easy way, or the hard way." 

He pulled out another syringe. I gulped, "I'll take the easy way." 

Justin smirked and picked up Jill, throwing her over his shoulder. Grabbing me roughly by the arm, he dragged us to the back. He shoved me out a door and I fell on concrete. Looking around, i realized we were in an alley. Of course it would be an alley

Liam, I called through the pack link. 

He casually responded, Yeah babe? 

My stomach tightened as a van pulled up and Jill and I were shoved in the back of it. Justin sat across from me, eyes never leaving mine. 

Talk to Alyssa. She's right, I stated. 

I saw it coming. He had made it obvious as he pulled it slightly out of his pocket and let it glimmer in the light that was given off from the ceiling on the van. 

He stuck the needle into my arm and I clenched my teeth. He snarled, "I choose the hard way." 

I could faintly hear Liam calling my name through the pack link as I slowly sunk into darkness and oblivion. My last thought was hope; hope that Alyssa was still there and would tell everyone about Justin and his traitorous ways; hope that Jill and I would make it out alive; and hope that Liam would find me. 

A/N: Picture of Faith's outfit to the right →  and what do you guys think about Justin? Shocker right? Tell me what you thought in a comment! ↓