Chapter 14

Chapter 14 

Liam growled at him, "Don't you dare talk to her." 

"I believe I can do whatever I want," Morgan replied calmly. His eyes were black, sending shivers down my spine. His gaze turned back to me, "It's a shame all of your friends had to be around." 

I gulped. 

"Morgan, I swear--" Liam was cut off. 

"You what? You'll wage war?" He shook his head, amused, "You see, that's nothing new for us." 

Everyone growled at him but me. I remained frozen in my place. 

Morgan faced me again, "I'm sure I'll be seeing you soon, lovely. Without this, uh, distraction." 

He was gesturing to Liam. The insult finally shook me out of my state. I narrowed my eyes at him and growled murderously, "Stay the hell away from me and stay farther away from my friends." 

"What'll you do about it, cupcake?" He asked, pursing his lips in an evil-like smile. 

"I'll kick your ass," I growled. 

He laughed. I punched him in the nose. He stared at me in shock as he reached up to his face, dabbing a drop of blood from his nose onto his finger. 

What was with me and punching people lately? 

Morgan turned around to his pack, "We'll be leaving now." 

They parted for him and with one final glare from the crowd, they left. Clenching and unclenching my fist, I glanced over at Liam who looked like he was about to rip someone's head off. Walking over to him cautiously, I slowed down about half way there. 

Careful. He's seeing red, Jill's voice spoke in my mind. 

Finishing the stretch, I wrapped him up in a hug and rested my head on his chest. I mumbled softly, "Calm down. Calm down, he's gone. I promise I won't let him hurt any of us, alright?" 

Slowly, he began to relax and his eyes lightened back up to their normal color, "I'm more worried about you, Faith." 

"I'll be okay," I grabbed his hand and brought it up to my cheek, "I promise." 

"Faith!" Jason shouted, "We're gonna be late for school if you don't hurry up!" 

"Give me a minute!" I yelled back, grabbing my bag and skipping down the steps. I climbed into Liam's car in the driveway while Jason sat in the backseat. Leaning over, I pecked him on the lips, causing Jason to fake gag. 

I rolled my eyes, "It's not like you haven't done much worse with Danny." 

He snapped his mouth shut. 

Smiling smugly, I sat back in the seat as Liam began to speed down the road. He took my hand in his and I could see him relax. He had been stressed. 

What's worrying you? I asked him. 

He glanced at me, then thought back, Morgan. You. 

I rolled my eyes, I promised I'd be fine. When have I ever broken my promise. 

He was quiet for a few moments, You're right. Sorry, angel. 

It's okay, I smiled softly. We pulled into the parking lot and parked the car. Liam ran around the car and opened my door for me, offering his hand to help me out. Taking it gladly, I emerged from the sleek vehicle and hooked arms with my boyfriend as we walked into school.