Chapter 13

Chapter 13

"Harry what if he hates me? He probably hates me." Louis panicked while he was wheeled in a wheelchair to the NICU by Harry.

"He doesn't hate you, he doesn't even know what's going on." Harry said.

"But it's my fault he's there all lonely and without us to cuddle him and he hates me for it." Louis wailed then yelped when Harry stopped abruptly and knelt down in front of him.

"Louis William Tomlinson you listen to me, Dylan does not hate you. He's just waiting for you to get there because guess what?" Harry said as excitement rolled off of him like heat waves.

"What?" Louis asked shaking with anticipation.

"Dr. Summers said we could hold him for a bit, he's really tiny so we have to be really careful." Harry said getting up behind Louis to continue their way towards the NICU.

"Really? She did really say we could hold him?" Louis asked.

"Yes and you're gonna hold him first." Harry smiled down at Louis then kissed the top of his head.

They stayed quiet for the rest of the way and Louis began sweating the closer they got, once they were in there Harry noticed that they had moved the incubator so Louis could have better access to Dylan. Once they were in front of the incubator Harry slowly help Louis up and once Louis saw his baby he burst out crying loudly clutching onto Harry who tried not to cry himself as he whispered comforting words to the smaller boy.

"No, don't promise me he'll get better, look at him Harry. I'm sorry baby I really am sorry." Louis sobbed looking at Dylan who moved his head a little.

"Louis...look Dr. Summers is here, you need to sit back down so you can hold him." Harry said as Louis sat back down.

"No I don't wanna hold him, I'm gonna break him." Louis said wiping away the tears.

"You won't love." Harry said kissing his cheek.

"Ready?" Dr. Summers asked.

Harry watched as she placed one of Dylan's blue blankets on Louis' chest then opened the incubator where Dylan was and slowly lifted him up making sure she didn't disturbed his oxygen tubes. As soon as she placed him on Louis' chest Louis let out a muffled cry and reached down to peck the top of his tiny head and hug him as Harry watched with the biggest smile. Out of nowhere Dylan let out tiny whimpers then a soft small cry that lasted a few seconds as he squirmed around trying to cuddle closer to Louis as Dr. Summers reached down to cover him with a few blankets.

"I told you he hates me, I made him cry and he doesn't want me to hold him." Louis sniffed shifting him to put his little head in the crook of his neck.

"He doesn't hate you Louis and its good that's he's crying because he hasn't cried since he was born yesterday and it means his lungs are getting stronger, he knows you're his daddy that's why he cried and you're warm so he's trying to snuggle closer to you." Dr. Summers explained.

"You know I'm your daddy my little boy? I love you so much." Louis said kissing his shoulder.

"Harry, here you can hold him." Louis smiled handing Dylan to Harry who took him with the doctor's help.

"Hi love, I'm your other daddy Harry." Harry whispered gently rubbing his back.

"When do you think we'll be able to take him home?" Louis asked watching Harry then the doctor.

"Before he's released he must be able to keep a stable body temperature in an open crib, breathe on his own and be free of any apneas, gain weight, take an adequate number of calories and be able to suck on a bottle without breathing difficulties."