Chapter 9 (revised)

Start from the beginning

With that I walk back to Austin's room, get dressed and head out to Meghan's house. I know I shouldn't have taken all my anger out on Austin and I'll have to apologize later, but it felt good to finally get all of that out. As I'm driving to Meghan's I can't help but think about all the things that has happened in the last month. For starters I filed for divorce and Joshua didn't take that to well. He thought that he was going to walk away a rich man but being as he committed adultery he stands to get nothing. Once he realized that, he has refused to sign the papers which is making things so much more complicated. I have put my condo up for sale, and that didn't go over well with him either. Also I am in the process of looking for a new place. I just want a new start away from all the people who do nothing but hurt or bring me down.

Once I arrive at my sister's place I blow the horn for her not wanting to get out and have to deal with her husband. Don't get me wrong, he can be alright sometimes but other times he's a total jerk. I seriously don't know how she deals with him, then again I did put up with Joshua for almost seven years. I see her walking towards my car and immediately a smile comes to my face. I absolutely love spending time with my sister because she always knows how to make me feel better. She climbs into my car and turns to face me.

"Why are you smiling like that, it's freaking me out?"

"I'm just so happy to see you." I say engulfing her in a hug.

"Alright, enough with the mushy stuff." She says pulling away. "What are we doing today."

"Why don't we go to the spa and then grab a late lunch?"

"Sounds good, let's go."

The rest of our day is spent pampering ourselves and gossiping about random things. I always have such a good time with her wether we are sitting around watching tv or having a day like today. After dropping her back off at home I decide to run to the nearest store to grab something to cook for supper. I'm standing in line to check out when the headlines on one of the magazine covers completely catches me off guard.

'PLAY BOY TYLER STEELE CAUGHT GETTING COSY WITH AUSTRALIAN MODEL OLIVIA GRACE.'

I grab the magazine, paying for my grocery and head back to Austin's house. I know that he knows about this, but what I can't figure out is why he has been hiding it from me. I have to find a place soon so that I can get away from everyone for a while. When I arrive to the house I bring the food to the kitchen and then head straight for Austin's office. I slam the door open and throw the magazine on his desk in front of him.

"Did you know about this?" I say trying my best to keep my anger under control.

"Yes."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I saw the way you hurt last time he did something stupid and I didn't want you to go through that again."He says looking at me.

"So you would rather I found out while standing in line waiting to check out?" I say getting louder. "God Austin I thought I could always trust you to tell me the truth. I know you thought that you were protecting me but you weren't. It seems like to me you were protecting him. Why would you even bring him up to me this morning if you already knew about that?" I say pointing towards the magazine.

"Amelia, I wasn't in any way trying to protect him. I just see how much he means to you and I thought by keeping it from you I was doing the right thing. I didn't know about the magazine until just now."

"So how did you find out?" I ask. Then it hits me. "He told you didn't he?"

"Yes."

"Oh god! How could I have been stupid as to think that he could actually care about me. All those things he said to me was complete and utter nonsense." Reality has just hit home and I can feel tears starting to build in my eyes.

"Amelia I'm about to say something and I don't want you to speak until I'm done, okay?"

"Uh huh." I say still trying not to cry.

"Tyler called me about three and a half weeks ago and told me about him and Olivia. He said that he was doing it because he was approached by her manager, who asked him to help with getting her name out there. She is just now starting out and being as Tyler is a well known business man they thought that he could be good for her image. It was only suppose to be one or two dates and now it has come to this." He says pointing to the magazine. "I honestly can't tell you what's going on at this point."

"Okay." Is all I say before turning to walk out of his office.

"Sweetheart."

"Yeah" I say turning halfway to look at him.

"I'm sorry."

"So you've said." With that I walk out leaving him alone in his office.

I make my way to Austin bedroom and curl upon his bed wanting to just disappear. What have I done so bad in life that has caused every man I meet to feel that I'm never enough? By now tears are falling so hard down my face and I can't stop them. I was stupid to think that Tyler was different and actually cared for me, but what hurts even more is that I truly do care for him. He has found his way into my heart and now he is ripping it apart piece by piece. What feels like hours pass, before I hear the door open and feel the bed dip. Just from the smell I know it is Austin who is sitting next to me.

"Amelia please don't be mad at me."

"I'm not mad Austin. Just hurt that you didn't tell me, and even more hurt that he could do me this way."

"You love him don't you?"

"No I don't love him but I do care for him more than I want to in this moment." I speak honestly. "How am I suppose to get over this, when he will eventually be back and I'll have to see him everyday? I don't understand how I can be so mad at him and with one touch he can make it all disappear. I swear I sound so weak and pathetic. Austin what am I suppose to do about all of this?"

"The way I see it is you have two options. One you try to avoid him and hope he gives you the space you need, or two you confront him the first time you see him letting him know how he is hurting you. Tell him everything you are telling me and maybe he will open his eyes to what's in front of him."

"Maybe I will. I have to stop being so weak when it comes to him. Thanks Austin." I say reaching up and pull him to lay beside me.

Austin wraps his arms around my waist and I place mine on his chest along with my head. I just lay there listening to the sound of his heartbeat, while he rubs circles on my back with his fingers. It's odd how no matter what happens between Austin and I, we can never stay mad at one another. If I make him mad or vice versa we always find a way to work it out. There is not a time that one of us has been  so angry that we haven't solved it before going to bed that night. Even before I was staying here the one who mad the other mad would call to apologize before bedtime with the exception of the recent fight we had. It's like we can't function if the other is mad. Austin truly is my rock and I don't know what I would do without him in my life.