Pretending ➸ Rachel

Requested by: -scarreddolanx

"I'm so sorry Mr. and Ms. Aiono, but you just had a miscarriage." That sentence just kept rewinding in my head.

I was pregnant for almost four months, the week after we were suppose to find out the gender of the little fetus growing inside of me.

I remember the day as if it was yesterday.

I heard the front door shut of our apartment and heard footsteps towards the kitchen. "Hey beautiful, how was your day." My husband Alex asked me setting the grocery bags on the kitchen counter.

"I just woke up, but so far it's been okay I guess. Just had a bellyache nothing special, how 'bout you babe?" I answered as I saw Alex taking his jacket and shoes off, putting them in the corridor.

"Just did some grocery shopping."

He took the gummy bears, chocolate and the tomatoes I asked for out of the grocery bag and began walking towards the couch where I was sitting and sat next to me, handing me the things he bought for me.

"Thanks bab- AAH" I tried to thank Alex but got interrupted by a sharp pain in my stomach.

"Rachel, are you okay." Alex asked with a worried look on his face.

"I think I'm gonna use the bathroom." I said already getting up and walking towards the bathroom.

"I'll be ri- AAH." I felt the same sharp pain in my stomach as before, almost making me fall over.

Alex ran over to me and took my hand in his big veiny hands.

"Come on Rachel." Alex told me while picking me up and bringing me to the bathroom. That's when I felt a warm liquid coming out of me. I looked down and saw that my pants were red. I looked into Alex his eyes only to see him starring at me with disbelief in his eyes.

"Hey Rachel, what are you doing." Alex said breaking my thoughts.

I wiped away the tear that slipped down my cheek and turned around.

"Oh nothing, just you know....thinking."

I saw Alex putting something on my bureau, but I wasn't really paying attention to him.

"Hey, you okay." Alex whispered waving his hand in front of my face.

"Uhh what?" I asked bringing my focus back to him.

"I asked if something is wrong, you look a little pale." Alex said with a worried expression written all over his face

"No I'm fine, nothings wrong, why'd you ask."

"Rachel, you know you can tell me everything right."

"Why does everyone always say that. I'm fine, just go please. I need to get my work done." I said getting more irritated by the second.

"I know you were thinking about what happened."

"I literally have no idea what you're talking about. For the last time I'm FINE. Thank you for the food, can you go now."

"Rachel, please." Alex begged out loud.

"GET OUT." I yelled at the verge of tears.

"Look Rachel, you really need to stop doing this. You need to open yourself up to someone, it doesn't even has to be me, it could be your mother, your sister or you best friend, I don't even know anymore. You're hurting yourself by avoiding this subject. By pretending it never happend. Pretending you were never pregnant. Pretending you didn't have a miscarriage. You can't keep all your emotion to yourself, cause everything is going to pile up until...until you just can't anymore...until you can't handle it anymore and then you're going to explode and bad things are going to happen."

A tear slipped past my cheek, before it could reach my mouth I wiped it away with my sleeve. I realist that he was telling the truth. And that hurt even more, cause I didn't want that to be the truth.

I'm not over it.

"You don't understand Alex. My kid was ripped away from me. I can't spend a single second not thinking about our little baby. At night I can't sleep, because of what happened. I'm hurting Alex and I just want to be alone. You clearly don't understand." I told Alex crying, yelling the last part.

"I don't understand? Did you know that you're not the only one hurting from this, I also lost my kid. I also can't close my eyes at night. I'm also hurting, you're the one not understanding. I want to help you. I want you to be happy. I promised that I would be here for you through thick and thin, but you're not helping. I love you Rachel." Alex said with tears flowing down his cheeks.

That's when I couldn't take it anymore and I jumped into his arms, laying my head on his chest, crying my eyes out making his shirt wet.

"I'm so sorry Alex." I managed to say in between sobs.

"Shhhh it's going to be okay babe, it's all going to be okay."

"I love you Alex."

"I love you more."

The rest of the day I spent talking to Alex about everything that's been up lately. And to be honest it felt good talking to someone, I felt relieved. I was never getting over this, but I knew with Alex on my side I was going to make it.

Y/N: XOXO YA GIRL CANDY