Chapter Nine- Tournaments

I woke up the next morning, still in Tris's arms. He was snoring lightly, and looked so adorable. It was still dark outside. I prefer waking up early and doing things in the morning, so I have the rest of the day to do what I want. But now... well now I just wanted to stay in Tristan's arms forever. I felt secure.

I thought about what Maxwell had said the other day, about me being insecure. I wasn't insecure, was I? Wanting to wear heels isn't being insecure. Besides, the shoes went with my outfit. 

Which is why you don't own a single pair of flats, right Zadie?

Shut the fuck up brain.

See, I'm not just your average short. I'm teeny-tiny-Snow-White-could-be-my-friend short. I'm only 5'1, but I stand up really really straight to appear taller. The girls at school used to tease me.

'Zadie's going to need a ladder for her first kiss!'

'Sorry if I step on you!'

'Woops, didn't see you there!'

'Hey, did all the hip hop artist write songs for you Shawty?'

After a few years, I just started beating them up. Nothing too bad, only a bit of hair pulling and stomach punching. Then I discovered the hidden heel shoe. And to this day, everyone from school still (apart from Owen, of course) think I had a growth spurt in year 9. 

So, is that being insecure?

I had many reasons to be. Heck, I had many reasons to be psychologically unstable. I'm probably a serial killer.

Eh.

I looked up at Tris's peaceful face and pecked his irrestiable lips quickly. He didn't wake, but he did tighten his grip around me, making me feel even more secure. 

I had nothing planned for today or tomorrow, so I may as well spend it with people that I like.

I closed my eyes and savoured the moment.

James's POV

I woke up about 10 and saw everyone on the internet. Zadie was on her laptop, Tristan lying across her lap, scrolling through his phone. Con was using a tablet and Brad was sitting behind him. I got my phone out and joined the anti-social bastards.

I went through my twitter mentions, smiling at the cute stuff that was written. One that caught my eye was from a user named @PrettyLittleSofia. It read:

@PrettyLittleSofia: @TheVampsJames YOU WERE IN MY HOUSE A FEW DAYS AGO OMG IF ILYSM HI HI HI HI HI PLEASE FOLLOW ME

I checked out her profile to see  it was Barbie number 4! I had found her and her name! Sofia. Beautiful, like her. She said she loved me so much, and seemed to be fangirling. Maybe she's into me...

Don't be ridiculous, James, she's older than you.

What's that Tumblr's always telling you? Age is just a number? Take that brain.

Is this beef James?

Yes, it is brain.

I followed her back and tweeted her.

@TheVampsJames: @PrettyLittleSofia You have a very nice house, if you don't mind me saying.

I was bombarded with tweets from the fans, asking all sorts of questions. I put my phone on silent. 

It hit me that why had been at Zadies for like 3 days now. Why had she kept us here in the first place? Eh. Our own apartment wasn't too far away from here.