chapter 19 ✦ returned

New York City 

I was immediately flashed to an apartment. I realized it was my apartment that Emma, Henry and I all lived in ages ago. Gesh, why hasn't Emma sold this place or break our lease? I was in the living room and my room was right upstairs. I walked up them and into my room. I felt different. I spent a year in here and left it without a second thought. All my old stuff was here exactly how I left it. My bed was still in the middle of the room with my tree patterned duvet with a set of matching pillows. My dresser was by the window that led to the fire escape. Various movie posters like Star Wars and christmas lights were hung on my walls. I walked over to my dresser, pulling the drawers out, revealing my left clothing. I pulled out a pair of clean black, ripped jeans with a plain black top, putting them on and discarding my Underworld rags. I walked over to my closet that was by my door and opened it, pulling out my favorite red flannel. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Awe, much better. I turned around and headed out of the apartment. I closed the door behind me and heard someone clear their throat. I looked behind my shoulder to see our old landlord, an old man named Mr. Wallis. He had his arms folded over his chest. 

"Well, it's about time. I've been waiting for my rent," He hissed and I rose an eyebrow. "Where's my money?" 

"I assumed it was up your ass," I shrugged, being snarky. "We don't live here anymore." 

"A phone call would've been nice," Wallis snapped and I laughed. I heard a click and I looked down at his hand to see a pocket knife. Damn, chill. "I want my money now." 

"What's with old men wanting money? Is it a New York thing or something?" I sassed and he rose his knife. I held my hands up to protect myself, but something else protected me instead. Magic shot out of my hands and flew at him, knocking the old guy to the ground.  I gasped, stumbling back and looking down at my hands. They glowed green. I balled them up, but they only glowed brighter. I looked down at him and he looked at me in fear. I bent down to his level and he scooted away a little bit. 

"Who the hell are you?" He groaned, his voice becoming higher. I smirked down at him and chuckled. 

"I'm Riley Jones, bitch," I snickered and waved my hand over his face. He was immediately knocked unconscious. I stood up and ran down the hallway, hoping nobody on this floor was watching. I exited the apartment building and was greeted by that usual New York City stench. I have to find Emma or better yet, Henry. I have to stop him. 

I felt like being sassy in this chapter soooo 😂😂😂 sorry this chapter was so short. I'm trying to make this book longer because Run Away was only like 18 chapters. I want this one to be at least 21-25 chapters long lol

- head_lost_girl :))