chapter 8 ✦ tortured souls

Everything was evil here and I could feel it running into my veins. Why was I here? Am I a bad person? Those thoughts have been chasing each other around my head for years, but now they are really bothering me. I turned to Peter who was still in his suit and by a spinning wheel by the pawn shop entrance. He stared at it with his piercing green eyes. 

"Why is everyone here?" I asked, making him look up at me. 

"Like I told you before, everyone here has done something cruel, but that's not the only reason we're here," He began to explain. "Everyone here has unfinished business," That was true. I did have unfinished business. My father. 

"What's your unfinished business?"

"Rumple," He only said and I stared at him in wonder. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath in and out. "He's here." He opened his eyes again and slowly, focused on the shop door. "He's coming here." 

"Well, I'm gonna get going," I started to walk to the front entrance of the shop and I opened the door. I felt him grab my hand and I turned to face him. He had soft eyes. 

"I'm gonna find a way out of here then, we can go back to Neverland," He promised. I smiled at him and nodded, walking over to him and wrapping my arms around his waist. "I love you." 

"I love you too," I whispered into his chest, loud enough for him to hear. He pulled away and leaned in, kissing my cheek. I let go of him and walked over to the door, exiting the shop. Smoke was everywhere and clouded my eyes. I squinted and saw figures all around town. I started to walk, cautiously. I grabbed the hood of my jacket and pulled it on top of my head, zipping up my jacket. I approached Granny's and hopped up on the steps. It was different in there. I was so used to Granny yelling out orders and at Ruby to put on some more appropriate clothing on. It was somewhat empty with only a few people in there. People? Is that the right word?  Other souls sat at the counter. I stood there for a few moments until my thoughts were interrupted by a sweet sounding voice. My eyes darted over to behind the counter. A woman stood there with her eyes glossed over in white. Her blonde hair was messy and she wore a ragged dress. 

"Riley Jones, is that you?" She smiled, clapping her hands in joy. "What would you like? Coffee or children?" I was taken back and she suddenly started to laugh. "Ha! Kidding! The coffee isn't half bad," I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion, walking over to her. 

"Do I know you?" I asked her and she nodded, quickly. She leaned forward and sniffed her nose, smelling my presence. She pulled back and nodded, slowly. 

"Yes, it's you," She reassured herself in disgust. I studied her further until realization spread across my face. 

"It's you. The blind witch from the docks," I pointed out. "You tried to eat me." 

"I didn't think I'd see you in here anytime soon. From what I've heard, you were in Neverland,"

"And from what I've heard, you got roasted by children. That's awfully ironic," I snapped and she frowned. 

"Still got that attitude," She grumbled and I smirked. "Are you here looking for your father?" 

"No, why?" I asked and she smiled. "Is he here?"

"I haven't seen yet. Some people came in here, looking for him," She explained. 

"Interesting," I whispered to myself. 

"They're at the cemetery at your father's grave," She exclaimed, cheerfully. How can you be so joyful? You're dead for god's sake. 

"His grave?" 

"Everyone here has a grave, hun," She explained and I nodded. 

"Kay, thanks," I quickly said, rushing out of Granny's. I ran all the way to the cemetery within minutes. Adrenaline pumped my dead soul and I finally made. A group of people stood at a grave and I recognized the blonde to be Emma. I backed away and hid behind a large tree. I peeked my head out to watch. She clutched something to her chest while Regina, Robin, Henry, Snow, David stayed behind her. She turned the object upside down and a liquid poured out of it. Something shot up from the gravesite and my father appeared. He looked horrible. His image was flashing in and out. His face was all bloody along with his clothes which were torn up. His eyes were tired and dead. He flashed frantically and then was sunk back into the ground. Emma dove at the ground, trying to stop him. Emma turned around to Regina with sadness in her eyes. 

"What am I gonna do now?" She breathed out. Regina shook her head in sadness. "You have to get on that boat, Regina. This is my fight." 

"No, we agreed to do this together," David protested and I rolled my eyes at him. David has always annoyed me. 

"Emma, your father is right. We are in this together," Snow agreed with her stubborn husband. 

"What if Riley is here?" Emma's eyes lit up and my eyes widened at my name. I ducked behind the tree and took off running towards the woods. My vision started to get blocked and I felt myself being pulled towards the ground. I yelped out as I sucked into the ground. Suddenly, I was in front of Emma and the others. She smiled at him and pulled me into a bone crushing hug. I felt uncomfortable so I pulled away. 

"Why are you here?" I snapped at her and she looked hurt. 

"We're here to get your father," She smiled and I shook my head. 

"But not me," I pointed out. She stayed silent. "Typical," I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms across my chest. "Besides, I have no idea where he is." 

"You haven't seen him?" Regina spoke up and I nodded. 

"I haven't either bothered. I want nothing to do with him," 

"How can you say that? He's your father!" Emma yelled at me. 

"My father?! Would a father leave you for dead on an enchanted island surrounded by boys with nothing to protect myself with? Would a father look for revenge instead of his daughter? Would a father kidnap his own daughter and try to kill her?" I exploded. Tears started to prick in the corner of my eyes and I wiped them away. "Tell me, Emma, would you forgive David if he did that?" I asked her and she looked back at a worried David. She shook her head. "That's what I thought. I have a lousy father. In your eyes, he's changed, in mine, he's still the deadbeat that didn't bother looking for me." Everyone was silent and I took that as my cue to leave. I brushed past Emma and through the group of people, dividing them and walking out of the graveyard. I took the trail that led into the woods so I was alone. It was silent and lonely, but I didn't care. I was used to it. That's when I realized that I am completely and utterly alone. 

a/n: Hey guys! Last night's episode premiered! Pan was so awesome it. I miss Robbie in ouat so much. I was literally screaming at the top of my lungs, I was so excited (and a little obsessed #sorrynotsorry) I can't wait for Sunday's episode with Hercules in it. Once Upon A Time was picked up for Season 6 and I'm so happy. This show has really grown on me and I love it along with this fan fiction. It felt good to write in this fan fiction again. I really miss writing Riley. I still have a bit of writer's block, but I'm still kicking :) What'd you think of this chapter? Tell me what you think in the comments and maybe if you want, you can comment for some ideas you want to see in this series. Vote, Follow, comment! New chapter will be up next monday :) Love you guys! 

- head_lost_girl