chapter 3 ✦ married life

Camelot

I put my cloak over my head and took my bean out of my pocket. I walked in the hallways of King Arthur's castle. Dinner ended a few hours ago and Arthur's suspicious behavior increased towards the end of it. I suddenly heard a piece of metal behind me and I stopped. My hand wave over my sword and I slowly took it out. I whipped around and pointed the tip of my sword at the person. It was a young fellow and I immediately recognized him as the Squire of King Arthur. 

"I think you have something that's Camelot," He spoke, glaring at me. 

"I have stolen nothing from this land so be on your way, Squire." I snapped. 

"I saw you with the bean and we need it." He pressed on. I laughed under my breath at him. 

"It's rightfully mine. I didn't steal it and it's solely from my land."  I scoffed. He stared at me and then, backed away. 

"Let's make a deal. I'll give you any amount of riches you want from Camelot if you get me a bean for Arthur." He offered. I thought about it but, shook my thoughts away and pressed the blade closer to his neck. 

"I don't want any riches." I hissed. "You're wasting my time, now." I put my sword back in my scabbard, turning around and walking off. 

"Not so fast." Another voice boomed. I rolled my eyes and saw Arthur by his squire. "I need that bean." 

"Come and get me, then." I held my hands out in a challenging way. He smirked. 

"GUARDS!" Arthur shouted, his voice echoing in the large hallways. Guards from all directions came in and surrounded me on all sides. I waved my hand over their faces from a distance and their eyes rolled back into their heads. They fell to the floor and I grinned at Arthur. He glared at me. 

"I gotta go, your majesty but, I have to do one last thing." I smirked and I closed my eyes. "Spirits of Neverland! I call to you to turn this castle of Camelot and it's citizens back to the ruins it was before!" I screamed out. 

"NO!"  I heard Arthur yelled out. A gush of wind carried through my hair and started to twirl around me. I could feel more cloak pick up in the wind. I opened my eyes and nothing was there except tents and a small tower. I saw Arthur in rags like a shepherd. "You witch!" He cursed out in anger. "I knew you were no good! I should've killed you when I had the chance." 

"You will fail, Arthur. Merlin may have foreseen your destiny but, you will never become a king." I snarled. I grabbed the bean from my cloak pocket and threw it to the ground. The familiar green started to form on the gravel and grew in size. I looked at Arthur one last time. "I wish you the worst of luck on your journey to restore Excalibur." I jumped up in the air and fell into the portal. It started to close with me in it and then, I saw it opening up from the other end. Neverland here I come. 

Storybrooke

I glared at the man whose kingdom I devastated from the gravel field where their camp was set up. Why is he here? I really hope Emma gave him a roundhouse kick or I will do it myself. I felt someone squeeze my hand and I snapped out of my gaze to see Peter. He smiled, sweetly at me. My husband.

"Hey, handsome." I greeted. He leaned in and kissed my forehead. "I can't believe we're married."

"Believe it, babe." He grinned which caused me to blush. I lifted my arms and wrapped them around his neck, nuzzling my head into his neck. "I have a surprise for you." 

"And?" I hinted for him to continue. He grabbed my hand and pulled me closer into his embrace. 

"Come on," He whispered into my ear. He let go of me but kept his hand around mine. Green smoke suddenly surrounded us and then, we were in front of a little house which was made up of stones(see photo above). His eyes fell on me and I gave him a confused look. "Welcome home." My eyes widened and my mouth gaped open. I looked at him and he chuckled. "Close your mouth or you'll catch flies, love." 

"Oh my god, Peter..." I breathed out in awe. He walked over to the big grand wooden door and opened it, stepping aside. 

"After you," He motioned for me to enter and I did. I heard the door close and Peter's arms hugged me from behind. He placed his head on my shoulder. It was glorious but cozy which I liked. There stood a small living area with a soft looking tan couch with pillows that looked like leaves were covering them. A little TV was placed beside another little chair. The floor was wood and it shined in the sunlight that peered through the living room window. I stepped a few more paces forward to see some stairs that lead upstairs. I grabbed the railing and made my way up. There were three rooms, two across from each other and the third one in the middle. "You like it?" I turned around to see Peter, giving me a shy smile. I put my arms around his neck and stared up at him. I placed a peck on his lips and nodded. 

"I love you," I whispered. 

"I love you too." He answered and tightly, hugged me.