Makeup

Troyes pov:
As soon as I hop out of the car I see Connor sitting on a bench out the front of the school. I walk over to him.
"Hey con con," I say smiling.
"Hi," he replies bluntly with his head in his hands.
"What's up?" I say my smile fading as I sit down next to him.
"Nothing I'm fine," he snaps.
"No you're not now look at me," I put my hand on his shoulder.
"I said I'm fine," he says angrily pulling away from my hand.
"Connor look at me," I say louder then expected. I pull one of his arms making his hands slip off his face revealing a black bruise around his eye. My heart sank "Oh my god. Connor, what happened to you."
"I ran into a door," he says quickly and unconvincingly.
"Do you think I'm stupid, tell me what really happened," I say putting my hand on his knee to comfort him. He sighs
"That's what happened," he says.
"You do realise my mum is a cop and a know these things," I say.
"If I tell you he'll hurt me more," he says. I frown.
"Who?" I ask.
"James punched me," he says staring into his hands.
"Why?" I ask.
"He was drunk and lost control. He came home last night and started screaming at me. Saying that I wasn't a real man because I'm not doing well in football and I haven't had a girlfriend in years. He said he wished he never adopted me but... it's fine," he said trying to smile but I could tell in his sad eyes that he isn't okay. He is hurt and I want to help him.
"No it's not fine, are you alright?"
"Yeah I'm fine but I don't want to go home straight after school this afternoon. I'm scared of what he would do," he says as he fights back the tears forming in his eyes.
"Why don't you come around to mine for a while?"
"Really?" He says his eyes widened.
"Yeah it's fine."
"Are you sure? I don't want to intrude."
"It's fine my family loves you," I laugh. He smiles.
"Thanks Troye, I know I can count on you." He says pulling me in for a hug. The hug was tight and wonderful, it felt like all my worries went away. He pull away and with his hand on my knee he looks me in the eyes. My heart starts racing like a wild horse.
"You too," I said.
"Connor, Troye are you coming?" Yells Caspar making Connor and I look at him and joe.
"Coming," we yell at the same time. We smile at each other before walking to our first class.
"Don't worry at reassess I'll fix that up ok," I say
"Thank you Troye boy," he says smiling softly.
"Hurry up love birds," yells Joe. Connor and I giggle before running to catch up to them.

At reassess I race around to where Sage sits.
"Hey Sage," I say huffing and panting.
"Oh hey Troye. What's up?" She says with her happy voice.
"Can I borrow your makeup please?" I ask hoping she would let me.
"Of course," she says frowning as she reaches for her bag. She pulls out a little bag from the front pocket from her bag. She hands the bag to me. I grab hold of it but she doesn't let go. I frown at her "why do you need it?" She asks. Shit. Now I need to come up with an excuse fast.
"Zoe wants to see what makeup you use," I say quickly.
"Oh ok that's fine," she says letting go of the bag.
"Thank you Sage," I say before running off to the bathroom where I told Connor to wait.
"I got my sisters make up," I say as I run into the bathroom, huffing and panting.
"Did she ask why?" Asks Connor
"Yeah but I said that Zoe wanted to look at it," I say placing the bag down on the sink still panting.
"Ok thank you," he says.
"It's ok this is what friends are for," I say pulling out makeup from the bag. I pulled out some foundation and concealer. "This should do the trick," I say as I hold up the 2 things in front of me. Connor smiles nervously. "It's ok I'm not going to hurt you," I giggle. He smiles.
I finish touching up Connors eye and I put the makeup back into the little bag. Connor looks in the mirror.
"Not too bad," he says looking at where the bruise was.
"I'm just that good," I say pretending to flick the hair I don't have.
"Thank you," he says giving me a hug.
"No problem," I say pulling him closer. "Ok I should get this back to my sister before reassess ends," I say picking up the bag and jogging towards the door.
"You're my hero Troye!" He yells.
"And you're mine!" I yell back before I shut the bathroom door.

At lunch we all sit at our normal table. No one has noticed Connors eye all day.
"Troye," I flick my head around to see Zoe looking at me. "Do you mind if I draw something on your hand? It's for art," She asks holding up a small paint brush with light blue paint on it.
"Sure," I say holding my hand out for her.
"No you're going to have to sit a bit closer to me," she stops and her eyes flick to Connor. "Connor can you switch places with Troye please?" Zoe asks sweetly.
"Nope I'm not moving, I'm comfortable," Connor replies sarcastically with a smirk on his face. It's funny yet slightly annoying when he gets in these moods as theres no way you can convince him to do anything.
"Oh come on please Connor," I say pulling the biggest puppy eyes I could.
"Nope," he says turning his head away from me. This calls for drastic measures.
"Fine," I say seriously. I stand up slightly and move to my left so that I'm sitting on his lap.
"Troye?!" He laughs/yells finally looking at me.
"You wouldn't move and I need to sit here," I say innocently smiling and putting my hand out in front of Zoe.
"Fine I'll move now," he moans.
"Nope you have to stay there now, Zoe has already started doing my nails besides I'm comfortable," I say innocently trying not to laugh. I hear a little huff come from him so I turn my head slightly so I could see him. Hes smirking cutely at me and I smile sweetly back. He put his arms around my waist and rests his head on my shoulder watching Zoe paint my hand. I look back at Zoe who is trying to contain a smile but is failing miserably.

After she finished I lift my hand up to examine what Zoe has done. Zoe painted a pretty patten on my hand and a little bit down my arm.
"Oh my god Zoe, this looks so cool," I say still looking at my arm.
"Thank you," she says happily. "I didn't even notice but the paint colour matches your eyes."
I look up at Zoe, pout and bat my eyes while holding my hand next to my face. She giggles. She takes her phone out of her pocket to take a photo. I stick a sassy pose with my hand near my face or covering my face. Zoe laughs as I strike more and more poses. She stops taking photos and starts going though them. She has a smile on her face as she flicks through the photos.
"I really like this one," she says handing me her phone. I take the phone and look at the picture. In the photo I'm looking down at the table with my fingers leaning against my lips, trying to be a model. I notice Connor, in the photo, looking at me so sweetly. I look up from the phone and at him, a smile printed on my face. He tilts his head and looks at me, his eyes shining in the light. He smiles as I feel his arms pull me closer. I feel so happy and safe. Suddenly the bell for the end of lunch rings and I just as it startled me. Connor laughs as I slide off his lap.
"Shut up," I say quickly with a smile on my face as I stand up and grab my bag. Everyone else walks off to class.
"I didn't say anything," he says defensively with a smile while picking up is bag.
"Yeah but your face did," I say.
"My face says a lot of things," he says the smile growing bigger.
"Oh really? What else does your face say that I don't pick up on?" I ask curiously. He starts slowly moving away from me with the smile, almost as big as the Cheshire Cats smile, on his face.
"Well you don't pick up on a lot of things," he says sneaking around the table.
"Like what?" I ask slowly taking steps towards him.
"You don't pick up on how much I hate you," he says.
"Is that right?" I say still walking slowly.
"Yeah that's right," he says the smile not leaving his face.
"What if I did something to change your mind?" I say still getting closer to him.
"I don't think there's anything you could do to change my mind," he says still moving away from me.
"Are you sure about that?" I say with a smirk. I mean I'm not going to do anything to him, I just think this is too funny.
"No," he says unsure as to what to do. We both stop walking and stand still looking at each other. Our faces soften and we stare into each other's eyes. For a moment there's no where else I'd rather be. Suddenly the Chester cat smile crosses his face again. "You gotta catch me first," he says before he starts running away from me.
"Oh you better fucking run," I yell before I start running after him to our next class.
---

---
Y'all I still can't believe how many reads this has! Thank you all soo much xx