15. If You're Looking For Love, Know That Love Don't Live Here Anymore

Start from the beginning

Later in the evening, Harry contemplated what to make for Thanksgiving dinner. Maybe some cream cheese mashed potatoes with cooked sausages and a roasted turkey. Maybe add some cranberry sauce to the mix. Harry juggled the endless possibilities in his head while he packaged a turkey, apple-butter and arugula grilled cheese sandwich to the lady at the counter. She handed over a few notes to him, Harry murmuring his thanks. She smiled warmly at him. As she walked out of Fraiché's, a man opened the door for her.

It was maddening how Harry's heart beat an instant staccato rhythm in his chest when he realized it was Louis. Always the perfect gentleman. Harry let himself stare for a bit too long out of the normalcy, admiring Louis openly. Louis looked like a modern-day James Dean dressed in a classic jacket paired with a simple white tee and cuffed blue jeans. The green of his tennis shoes didn't match the brown of his jacket but he still pulled it off. Louis looked gorgeous. His hair was styled to the right, his fringe tossed delicately over his right eye. His hair was getting longer. It was amazing how much he changed over the course of a few months.

James walked from the kitchen carrying Isabella in his arms. He lowered her to the floor when he saw Louis walk in, Isabella laughing excitedly and running towards Louis at full speed. Louis flung her in the air, Isabella giggling and patting his cheeks.

"Ah, look at you. My goodness. You're getting so big," Louis cooed.

"She's huge, right?" Harry said from behind the counter.

"Pictures doesn't do her justice." Louis bopped Isabella playfully on the nose, smiling when Isabella gurgled happily in response. God, he missed her. "Tommo? Did you say Tommo?"

"Good luck with that."

Harry walked around the counter to retrieve Isabella's haversack that Louis took for the weekend.

"Still no Harry, huh?"

"Nope. Know what it's like to be outranked by cup, pool and giraffe?"

Louis smirked, the skin beside his eyes crinkling. Harry missed running his thumb over the lines and soothing them out. He especially missed being the reason for them. He pushed all of his remembered electric thoughts to the back of his head and handed the haversack to Louis over the counter.

"So we are all set for Monday. Eleanor actually brought the whole schedule."

"So you really did kill the expansion, huh?" Louis looked around Fraiché, noticing the patched up wall from where they were remodeling it into a chain restaurant. He genuinely sounded apologetic when he murmured, "That's too bad."

Harry shrugged his shoulders, unaffected. "Yeah. We were like this before and we were fine."

"Alright. You ready?" Louis whispered to Isabella, looking up and waving at Harry. "See ya."

Harry smiled in return, waggling his fingers in a little wave. "Have fun."

Harry watched Louis carry Isabella with a fond expression. He took a deep breath, calling out, "Hey, Tommo?" before he changed his mind. Louis turned around and faced him with a curious look.

"I don't know if you have any plans or not, but, well, Ed and I are hosting a Thanksgiving dinner and the neighbors are gonna be there. The lads, they keep asking about you, so I don't know if maybe you wanna join us."

Harry compressed his lips together, acting as if Louis coming back into his house was no big deal.

(It was all he could think about.)

"Yeah, what the hell?" Louis smiled easily, his cool blue eyes brightening up in excitement. "You're cooking?"

"Yes."