13. I Don't Need My Love, You Can Take It

CONTINUED

"Ugh," Harry groaned from Louis' heavy weight pressed on top of him, Louis' chest sticky and sweaty. "Do you mind?"

Harry frowned, petting Louis' head roughly to get him off.

"Mmm," Louis hummed. "'M too comfortable."

Harry's features softened at Louis' sleepy and lazy reply, his heart melting. He wrapped an arm around Louis, kissing him sweetly on the temple. Fingertips fluttered across Louis' arm, raising his skin in goosebumps. Harry continued kissing Louis on his forehead, his cheeks, his lips, his chin, everywhere. He couldn't get enough of touching him. He wanted to make up for lost time.

"Didn't peg you as the type to be so lovely after sex," Louis mused.

"Why's that?" Harry asked, pecking him on the nose, Louis scrunching it in response.

"I don't know. I thought you would be wired out. Was it not good enough?" Louis asked carefully, a little insecure.

Louis lifted his head, opening one eye in question. Even though he deserved an Oscar for his acting skills at keeping his voice steady, Harry knew Louis was doubting himself. Harry kissed the corner of Louis' mouth, couldn't help the smile that took up most of his face.

"You were great, love. I just like kissing your ugly mug," Harry said happily.

"Oi!"

Louis frowned, swatting Harry on the shoulder meanly. Harry's cackles filled the room in bright light. His laughter touched the cracks and crevices, lighting up every spot even in the darkest corners. It filled Louis' heart with joy, made him content and relax, made his toes curl between the bed sheets. Louis cradled Harry's face in the palm of his hand, openly staring at Harry. No more were the days where he had to sneak glances to check him out, Harry was readily presenting himself for Louis to admire and discover and explore.

"To be fair, I'd have wet dreams about you all the time. I would wake up with a boner and I had to jerk off with you sleeping next to me," Harry confessed, his eyes twinkling with unsung laughter.

"Oi!" Louis repeated, pleasantly surprised. He pinched Harry's cheek, his voice slow and sweet like honey. "You filthy boy. Where have you been all my life?"

Harry's face fell. He quieted, darting his eyes everywhere else except at Louis. Louis lifted Harry's chin with the tip of his finger, his gentle voice an inquiring tone.

"What is it, sweetheart? Did I say something wrong?"

Louis cocked his head to the side, no sign of amusement present. Harry bit the corner of his mouth.

"I've been here, Lou. All this time. Waiting."

Louis swallowed visibly, blowing hot air out of his kissed-bitten lips. A pretty pink dusted over his high cheekbones, his eyes soft and so, so blue. Harry could write endless poetry or paint tenerife seas over the color of Louis' eyes. Louis thumbed Harry's cheek, his smile small but still there.

"I'm sorry it took me so long. I just got stuck."

Harry could cry honestly. Instead, he wiped at his dry eyes and tugged Louis closer, kissing him with so much force he felt himself go lightheaded with it. Louis brought out the best of Harry. He unraveled all the parts within Harry, the good and the bad, and Harry felt like he was exposed out into the open for Louis to pick at and judge. Harry felt braver, stronger and more confident around him.

Harry's body seemed drugged from Louis' presence. His eyelids weighed closed as he moved near like a man in a hurricane, nowhere to go but muster bravery in the eye, compelled to touch Louis' lips with his own. Upon rediscovering him, their shallow breathing became one as Harry pried open Louis' mouth with his tongue, licking inside. Harry's tongue was so clever with just enough bite to have Louis gasping. And then in a ragged beat of his heart, Harry melted in Louis' embrace. Harry clutched Louis' body to his, wanting the world to disappear and spend hours upon hours mapping out Louis' body with his tongue, touching parts of him that he had left untouched.