•Chapter 29•

Chapter 29: I Love You.

Beep.

All I see is nothing.

Beep.

All I feel is nothing.

Beep.

Where am I?

Beep.

What happened to me?

Beep.

Am I dead?

Beep.

Am I sleeping?

Beep.

Wake up Ashley.

Beep.

Wake up.

My eyes flutter open on demand and bright white light is all I see. I don't know where I am. I glance cluelessly around the plain room. There a a bed- that I'm lying in - a chair and some drawers. Beside me sit machines that make annoying sounds.

Snoring can be heard.

Turning the the left I notice a female body lying on my bed, bringing my arm up I shake her. It was painful.

"Megan?" I ask my voice coming out scratchy. I ache for water.

She brings her head up lazily, drool around her mouth.

I smile at that.

Her eyes widen when she sees me. "Oh my God Ashley? Your awake?! Your awake!" She screams leaping forward to hug me. Pain bursts through me and I hiss, she pulls back.

"Sorry."

I look at her face. Not a single scratch. "I thought you were in an accident." I tell her. She nods,

"Yeah but instead of crashing into a building I crashed us into a ditch. I broke my leg and Jason only broke a rib. We got out lucky, unlike you and Logan." She murmurs the last part. The mention of Logan makes me sit up straighter,

"Logan! Where is he? Is he okay?" I ask remembering the horrifying details of his body being thrown out the car. Megan's eyes begin to water and she bites her lip.

No.

No, no, no this can't be happening please don't say that he's-

"He's not dead." She cuts in my thoughts, "the doctors say he's lucky to be breathing."

Oh god.

"Whilst you only suffered a few bruised ribs and a concussion, Logan has a broken arm and a crushed skull. He's in a coma, Ash."

No. No. Oh God no.

I feel a tear slide down my cheek, I don't bother to wipe it away.

"What about my baby?" I ask, carefully placing a hand over my stomach. Megan looks down at my stomach.

"I don't know, Ash, I don't know. I can get a doctor if you want?" She asks. I nod grimly and she rushes out the room.

Throwing my head back into the pillow I begin to cry. Logan's in a coma. I don't know when he'll wake up. Logan's in a coma. He's in a freaking coma.

My cries of pain come out harder and I begin to punch the side of the bed.

I should have told him to put his belt on.

I should have told him to slow down.

I could have saved him.

But I didn't.