•chapter 6•

Chapter 6: Ice cream and Shakespeare

"Miss, wake up!"

I jolt awake to find an elderly woman who I'm pretty sure is the teacher standing in front of me, her arms are crossed and a frown is on her face. Everyone's eyes are on me.

"What?" I ask groggily rubbing my eyes tiredly.

"I would prefer it if you didn't choose to sleep in my class." She says harshly, a few snickers echo throughout the room.

Kids.

"Sorry" I mumble resting my head on my palms, she huffs satisfied turning back to the board.

*

*

"Megan? Ella?!" I shout barging through their door. Silence is my answer. I sigh sitting down on Ella's bed. I was hoping to catch up with them before I left for a good nights sleep. I fell asleep in a lot of my classes and I'm not sure it's whether because I am tired, or because the lectures were boring.

I hear the door open and I quickly get up on my feet.

"Megan?" Logan's voice echoes through the quiet room. I frown, of course he's here. Logan wonders around the room not realising that I'm there. He sits on Ella's bed and sighs running a hand through his hair. I clear my throat catching his attention straight away. His eyes harden at the sight me me.

Yay.

"What are you doing here?" He asks.

"Looking for Ella and Megan"

He nods his head. I let out an awkward breath and tilt my body from side to side.

"So..how was your day?" I ask trying to start a conversation. He looks at me, but doesn't answer. I let out an awkward giggle.

"Yeah, mine was bad too thanks for asking."

More silence.

"Do you like your classes? Mine are okay.....Well I don't actually know because I fell asleep in about all of them but the teachers sound nice. Well expect for the ones that yelled at me for sleeping, but that's okay. I would yell at my student for sleeping in my class. not that I'll ever be a teacher, because they usually have no life and they get cranky-"

"Shut up." Logan mutters, his hands are tangled in his hair and his eyes are in slits. I quickly seal my lips.

Suddenly the door opens and Megan walks in with Ella close behind her.

"Logan! Ashlee! Hey!" Megan says excitedly. They walk in throwing their books on the table that sits near the door. Megan places a kiss on Logan's cheek, and sits next to Ella who sat next to me.

"What are you two doing here?" Asks Ella. I glance at Logan who is rubbing the kiss off his cheek.

"I came to get answers for my homework" Logan says " Who the fuck gives home work out on the first day?!"

A giggle escapes my lips. He sounds like a little kid. Megan sighs at her brother.

"Is this the only reason why you came here? To get answers off me? You don't want to visit, because maybe you miss your sister?"

"Pretty much." He answers, she shakes her head at him before holding out her hand.

"Give me the work."

Logan grins. Like a full on grin. with teeth and all. He digs out a folded piece of paper from his back jean pocket. Megan huffs annoyed taking the sheet of paper unfolding it. She quickly scans over the work.