Chapter 10: Nothing More Than Strangers

Start from the beginning

One was groaning in pain; the other two had their eyes closed, silent. I had let go of expectation and limitation, and the chakra had exceeded all of it. This is amazing. And scary. But mostly awesome.

Suddenly, another figure jumped down from the trees. Rock Lee got to his feet quickly, grinning at me. I stared at him incredulously.

"TASURA AI! I HAVE COME TO HELP YOU! I SENSED YOU WERE IN DANGER!"

"Rocky, what are you doing here?" I asked, bewildered.

Rock Lee turned bright red. He looked kind of...nervous. He was suddenly shuffling his feet and not meeting my eyes.

"Tasura Ai. I have decided...that I am in love with you."

"WHAT?" I shouted incredulously. "THE HELL, ROCKY!"

"Yes. I cannot lie any longer. I confess to you my undying love. Forever."

He kneeled to the floor dramatically, bowing his head.

"Oh my God, just stop!" I shouted. Then I reconsidered. I took a deep breath, glancing at the now stirring Sound ninja, "Look, I'm sorry, but I'm bad with this love stuff. You don't have to do this.

"But your name is Ai, that literally means love," Rock Lee protested, bowing slightly in respect.

"I know, I know," I said, putting my hands in front of me, palms facing him. "Look, I know. But I have a situation here. I have to save Naruto and Sasuke."

"Good luck with that," growled a Sound ninja, slowly climbing to his feet.

The other two were slowly sitting up, and in a matter of seconds, all three of them were up and walking back towards us. They were weaker, but they hadn't given up.

"Ai...may I fight with you?" Rock Lee said, extending his hand. "It would be my honor."

I grinned, taking his hand. "Sure, man. Let's do this."

"Is this a date?" Rocky asked me excitedly.

"No, it's better. This is war and we have an alliance."

Rock Lee pumped his fist. "I'll take it!"

The Sound ninja approached. One of the men held up their hands – there were two small metal holes in the middle of them – and I felt a strong vibration in the air around me.

"It's their jutsu!" Rock Lee shouted, then fell to the ground, clutching his left ear. A trickle blood fell.

"HOW DARE YOU!" I shouted, trying to summon a fire jutsu, but then I fell to the floor too.