"Then did you kill them, Eren Jaeger?" The man spoke up, giving the boy an irritated glare. Eren stopped, his anger dispersing and stepping back. This wasn't going as she had hoped. She was losing this battle. "As I understand, you are under the care of Commander Erwin Smith, am I right?"

Katrina looked to Erwin quickly before nodding. "Yes, I am."

He sighed, rubbing his chin. "And Commander, you had no idea of this problem while she was living with you?" 

"I did not." Erwin kept a straight face, addressing the courtroom. "But I can assure you that I won't let that situation happen again."

"Sir, we can't let this happen again! We let Eren Jaeger go, but now that we know there are more among us, it's dangerous to let anymore get away! We need to dissect her and find out what is making her transform and find a way to make it stop for anyone else. Give her to the Military Police." A man stood on the other side, and her eyes narrowed at him. 

Katrina shot to the side, forgetting she was stuck there. "How dare you say that!? I'm not someone you can just experiment on! I'm a human, I'm not a monster!" Her chest heaved and she hung her head, taking deep breaths. 

"Take her away while further investigations will be done. I'll decide after I've gotten enough evidence. Keep her in a holding cell and watch her." The man stood and the courtroom erupted into chattering and arguments. 

Erwin stepped forward, still looking at ease and orderly. "Sir, I can watch her without the unnecessary confinement. I'll make sure nothing happens." Levi did the same, saying he'd also make sure of it.

"No, I don't think so. If she gets out of this, she can no longer live with you. She will be in the hands of someone else, more capable of doing their job. Someone without personal connection."

As the soldiers unhooked her and started dragging her away, she tried to listen more. The two in front looked over at her. "What the hell are you saying? I can't be with her?"

"No, stop! Wait, I said stop!" Katrina tried to break free, thrashing in their grips and kicking her legs out. "Erwin, wait! Let go of me, you can't do this to me! You can't take me away from him!" She cried out, the thought of never being able to live with him again upset her. 

The soldiers slowed for a moment, and she stopped, her body growing heavy. "Would you be ready to kill her if you had to? Would you be able to take her life if it meant doing what you vowed to do? Are you willing to look her in the eyes, someone you cared for, and strike her down if necessary?"

-------------

Katrina was back in a bed, chained there, just staring at the ceiling. This was so unfair, she wanted to be home with Erwin. She missed her home. Sighing, she rolled over as much as she could, flinching at the rattling it caused. No one told her who she was supposed to be living with, but whoever it was, she might not know them. Of course it wouldn't be Mike or Nanaba, but she could hope.

No one was able to come see her, only the soldiers who brought her food and stood guard. Once again, she should have listened to Erwin and stayed at headquarters. She should have just gone home instead of leaving the gate. Some many things she should have done but didn't. 

"Why does this have to happen?!" Katrina screamed at herself, startling the soldiers. They started shouting at her and she sat up, yelling back. "You be quiet! You aren't the one behind bars chained up like a wild animal! Until you know what I feel this exact moment, shut up."

She blinked, seeing Levi suddenly appear in front of her. "Brat, you shouldn't yell at your elders. Especially in your position." 

Tearing up and crawling forward but only to be stopped, she sobbed and stared at him. Finally someone that she knew and was familiar to her. "Levi, please help me. I want to get out of here. Look what they did to me." She sat back down, her body shaking and hiccups forming.

"I'm sorry, Katrina. We've done all we could. He's also decided that you and Eren can't be alone together, afraid you could turn on us."

Levi wouldn't look away and it made her feel vulnerable and weak. "Why can't I see him? Why hasn't he come yet?" 

He knew who she was talking about, but he just blinked. "He's under orders to stay away from here. No one will allow him to come through. Dumbasses, they are taking this too far." 

"Levi, I really want to get out of here. Have they chosen who I'll be staying with?" 

Shaking his head and crossing his arms, Levi looked away. "No, but I'm going to push Hanji into doing it. It'll be difficult, but she's not too stupid to understand this situation."

He looked around and beside him was a soldier. "Your time is up, you need to leave now."

"No, please don't leave! Levi, I can't stay in here any longer!" She began crying again, pulling herself towards the bars, straining against the metal around her wrists. Katrina started yanking them, crying out, afraid to be alone again. If he left now, she couldn't bare it any longer. "Stop, don't go, Levi!" She kept pulling, ignoring the searing pain as her skin was torn. 

The soldiers hurried the Corporal away, who was cursing at them. She fell back onto the bed, screaming. There was something wrong with her, as she has never acted this way before. But whenever she thought about losing Erwin, her heart felt broken and it was killing her inside. She would keep screaming until someone above heard her. 

The dreams she had and the life she wanted were far from reach now. She was tired of running; tired of being scared. Looking up, she noticed no one was there, and it was deadly silent. That is, until she heard slow footsteps that got louder as they got closer.

Katrina was panicking now, but she couldn't do anything, or even hide. Pressing her back against the wall, she didn't make a sound, and the steps stopped right beside her cell, yet she couldn't see anyone. A hand reached out and gripped the bars tightly, and her heart stopped beating in fear.