Chapter 6

Energy coursed through her and she looked down below the trees. Something was wrong. People were armed and ready with a deadly look in their terrified eyes. Didn’t they know who she was? As she could remember, she was wearing her uniform.

Her arm reached out and the others jumped back, screaming at her. Why was she even so high up? She noticed that the arm that reached out wasn’t hers. It was huge and reminded her of a titans. She started tearing at the arm, using all the force she had, until the skin ripped off.

Two figures coming towards her caught her attention and she panicked. “Erwin, Levi!” They didn’t seem to hear, as they said something to one another. Then all she could hear was one blood chilling word.

“Die.”

 Katrina screamed, sitting up and holding her chest. She covered her eyes and cried, unable to hold it anymore. What was wrong with her? Why would she dream of such a thing?

Her door swung open, slamming against the back wall. Looking up, through her tears she could see Eren with Petra behind him. Both of their eyes widened and they hurried to her side, grabbing her arm. “Eren, go find Erd and tell him to find bandages. You go get me some water.” Eren nodded and hurried out of the room, leaving Petra there to examine her.

Her gaze turned in confusion at her arm and her breath caught in her throat. There were scratches that broke the skin covering it. Blood was covering the skin and the sheets on her bed. Jolting back, she screamed again, ripping her arm away from the woman.

Another man walked in, boots stomping as he rushed in. “What the hell is going on in here?” Levi’s eyes moved to hers and he flinched before going to her side. Erd and Eren ran in next, a bowl of water white wraps in their hands. “How did this happen?”

“It doesn’t look too deep. All we have to do is clean it and wrap it. Don’t worry, Katrina.” Petra smiled kindly at her and started soaking up the blood, pressing against the wounds. Calming down as she watched her, she admired the girl. If it were her, she wouldn’t know what to do in the same situation. She smiled again as she began wrapping. “Don’t cry anymore. I’m making you all better.”

Katrina laughed and wiped her eyes, and turned to Levi. He let out a small sigh and looked at her. He seemed to be waiting for him answer, but she didn’t know what to say. She had a nightmare that she was being attacked by all of them? There was no way she could. Instead, he leaned down, unnoticeably took her hand and placed a hidden kiss onto it.

Standing back up, he looked between them. “We will wait until she recovers, and until the others make it. Once she’s fine, we’ll head out.”

Eren fidgeted where he stood and scratched his head. “Are we really going to take her out there? I don’t know if she’s ready, we can’t be so reckless. Plus, the Com-”

Levi instantly cut him off, snapping his head to face him. “Listen to what I say. Now get out of here.” They nodded and left the room, closing the door silently. He turned to her and pulled up a chair. “Now, tell me how that happened.”

Katrina looked down, unsure of what to say to him. “It was just a nightmare. A really bad one.”

“Have you ever hurt yourself over a nightmare? Like this?”

“No! Never!” She blurted out, but caught herself and pulled her legs up, wrapping her arm around her knees. “They just keep getting worse, and I don’t know what to do.” She buried her face into the sheets, embarrassed now.

He was silent for a moment, and she knew he was watching her. “Well I can’t keep this from you forever. Erwin is going to be here soon, so I suggest you prepare for that.” Tears slipped and her eyes widened. “Just know if he yells at you, I’ll be here to protect you. I’ll take full responsibility for my own actions.”

A quick deep breath and she shook. Didn’t he understand how terrified she was about Erwin? Nothing was ever going to prepare her for when he sees her. Only the worse possible scenarios were forming in her head, and none had a chance of her handling it alright.

A hand on her arm caused her to look up. Levi was gazing at her with confused comfort, like it was new to him. He just stared and her heart was pounding rapidly all of a sudden. Not once had she noticed how handsome he was, mostly because he was always so cold and distant.  “You’ll be alright, I’m here.”

“So am I.”

The new voice caused their connection to break and they turned their attention to the door. Erwin stood there, eyes narrowed and arms crossed over his chest. He looked as though he was going to murder someone. Katrina’s heart stopped and she felt like she was going to be sick. Her eyes widened and her voice shook. “Erwin.”