"I know. We'll have to leave Luke here if he doesn't wake up." Even as the words left my mouth, they stung and tasted bitter.

"Early morning?" Eliza asked to which I nodded. Our next stop was Death Valley, hours away, and it wasn't like we had time to spare. Our deadline has moved up at a ridiculous rate.

By dawn, we were all packed and ready to go. We thanked Hailey for everything and loaded up the car. Before we could make it out of the driveway, a very furious Warden stumbled out of the packhouse, disheveled hair and all.

"Told you we weren't leaving him." A snicker came, but I barely heard it. Instead, my focus was on a pair of cold green eyes that demanded an explanation. We parked and waited til Luke was ready to go, which didn't take long at all. When the man's on a mission, he wastes no time.

Daniel drove, trying to slice through the tension with the radio, but it was a dull blade indeed. For hours, no one really acknowledged it, but it couldn't be ignored either. Especially when you're sitting by the freaking time bomb. He didn't look at me, nor utter a word. He hasn't been this angry with me since our time back with the team, which I still haven't mentioned any of it to him. Some one ought to have called him though right? Maybe he already knows?

Driving through Death Valley, infamous for its murderous heat, gave me chills honestly. It was so barren, without a soul in sight. I expected maybe a few traveling cars here or there, but we were alone on that road. Following the coordinates, we ended up at a tourist location called Scott's Castle. Daniel and Shawn did a quick once over of the perimeter to make sure it was safe. We all got off and my Warden practically glued himself to my side. As we entered, I would have been in awe of the beautiful architecture if it weren't for the eerie abandonment that clung to the walls. A single, old rusted chandelier dangled over our heads.

"So what now?" Shawn stretched himself out on one of the leather love seats intended for visitors. I had the feeling whoever was sending me these letters, this 'L' person, would be meeting us here. Maybe I was wrong? We explored the rest of the 'castle' after splitting up, and when we all turned up again, empty handed, I was ready to tear the place down.

"What the hell?! We drove all this way for nothing?!"

"Was there anything else in that last letter? Some kind of clue as to what the purpose of this place is?" Daniel inquired and I scowled at him.

"If there was any important information, don't you think I would have shared it already instead of having us all chase our tails?" I tried not to sound defensive, Daniel apologized but I knew at least one pair of eyes could see through my facade. They remained quiet though, which I was grateful for.

"We've got company." Eliza growled after sniffing the air. Several howls were heard, all closing in from various directions. Maybe it was another pack that helped Alex? Seeing as they had every entrance from the main floor blocked by a man or woman, and each of them looking as psychotic as the next, I knew they weren't friendlies . They grinned with their fangs and claws already out.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here? 3 house trained mutts and a toy soldier?" One woman slithered inside. Her black hair was streaked with red, with the same color plastered on her lips. "Rawr." She growled playfully inches away from Luke. Oh hell no!

"B*tch better back off before I slice those lips off for ya." The words came out with a snarl. She glared daggers my way before turning her attention back to my mate.

"How bout I let you live to be my chew toy?" She dragged a nail lightly over his neck, right over my mark and that was the last straw. I lunged at the fool, pounding her face in the whole time we fell to the floor. Her yellow eyes glistened as she tried looking for an opening. All around me, the woman's friends tried to jump in, but were cut off. The woman rolled us over, using her weight to pin me down. "You're gonna pay for that." She laughed manically. Her claws dug into my sides and I couldn't hold back the cries. I couldn't see the others, but judging by the sounds of battle, their were holding their own.