Chapter 6: Thank you and f- you mean the same thing in Hollywood

Thank you, thank you
Thank god, to-oo
Thank him, thank her
Thank the, wo-orld
Thank you

When I was low-ow-ownly
When I was business strictly
You showed me a way owwt

I probably looked like an idiot just awkwardly standing on the sofa as the song played from 3,000 dollar speakers. When the song ended I spoke in a microphone.

"So I thought this would be a good song to play before my toast," I explained. "Because I would like to thank Taylor for not only hosting my album 'New Experience's debut party, but also for being the reason of the album."

I continued, "Yes the county style of 'Thank You' is inspired by Taylor's song '15'. I want this song to take everyone back to when they were 15 and people to look at Hollywood as a place filled with promise. These day, many people think of Hollywood as a place full of people who will crush anyone who could overthrow their fame. I'd like to thank Taylor and all her friends for doing the opposite towards me and I'd like to put this song out to show that I'm not one of the bitchy Hollywood types. Thank you! Enjoy this next song for the first time, officially out tomorrow."

A new experiyonce
A new discovery
A chance to shine
A different way
A chance to find
A place to stay
Friends and foes
Alike or not
Keep me on my toes
Help me a lot

I gave a thumbs up to the Vanity Fair journalists signaling to them that they could ask questions. I flopped down on the couch. If you can call gracefully sitting down flopping that is.

"From what we have heard today there is so many different genres in this album. When 'Leap and Kick' came out we were sure you were the next Carly Rae but now you are Taylor Swift, Adele, Carly, and Melanie Martinez at the same time," a reporter sniped.

"Well I hate to be classified as someone else," I laughed, "which is why I didn't stick to one genre for this album. So it could only be classified as Kat Diamond. Plus, it's been 6 months since 'Leap and Kick' was released."

"Then why was it incorporated in your new album?"

I playfully rolled my eyes. "Yes it was originally a single but it was always going to be the first part of an album. Artists usually release a song from their newest album before the rest. It's just that I needed to write all the songs in the in between period."

"Lovely. Tomorrow I will ask more as you prepare for your cover shoot."

She walked away and I took a deep breath. Taylor was walking over.

"Thank you? Thank you? Thank you?!" She hissed. "You want to earn the hearts of everyone by being the thankful one while I'm the over dramatic bitch. Wow. Just wow. And a month before my wedding."

She turned on her heel, her shoulder length hair fanning out around her.

Mean mean girls.
Good hair, big curls
No one ever listens when they're around
Cuz no one ever make a single sound
Mean mean girls
Adorned with pearls
They'll get what they want
Or come back to haunt

Ah, perfect timing. If I was honest, I'd say that this song was about Taylor. But I can't be, that's why there's the thing about the curls. The tabloids will burst with questions. I'll just say "Yes it is based on an old enemy from my childhood."

They don't need to know my real inspiration.

But one last thing
'Bout me and you
(Whispering) We've been a mean girl too
(Singing) Once or twice
We didn't play nice
(Whispering) We've been a mean girl too

"Why are they playing Melanie Martinez?" Zendaya asked, walking over.

"They aren't," I said rolling my eyes.

"Oh! That's you. Ah it makes so much sense, I thought Melanie just turned into an awful singer."

She crossed her arms and smirked.

"Look we are both actors who can sing. The difference is, I can sing much better and I've never worked for Disney. So, how did it go, 'TTYL XOX."

"You know, you probably won't even be a bridesmaid! Yikes, I just hope your invitation doesn't get lost in the mail."

With that, I ran into my bathroom and cried.