5

Did Niall want his stuff? Yes.

Did he want to see Ethan? No.

Could Ethan be at his house? Possibly.

Did Niall want to find out? No.

He didn't want Ethan to be there. He didn't even want to leave Anne's house, but he knew he had to.

Harry and Louis sat with him in the very back, with Zayn and Liam in the middle, and Anne driving.

As they pulled up, Niall saw that someone was standing st the door, and his heart dropped. He bit back a sob as he curled into Harry's side.

He knew it was Ethan. He just knew.

Anne pulled over and shut off the car. "Who is that?"

"E-Eth-th-an," Niall said, trying to disappear into Harry's side.

"The guy from the phone?" Liam asked.

Niall nodded, even though he was sure no one could see it.

"Yeah, him," Harry said.

Niall looked up and saw Ethan staring at the van. He took a deep breath before looking at Harry and nodding towards his house.

"Are you sure, Ni?" Niall nodded and followed Harry out of the van, with Liam right behind them. Niall took the lead despite both of the older boys protests. Harry was behind Niall and Liam behind Harry.

When Ethan saw Niall he smiled. It wasn't a good happy one either. It was more of an evil smirk that made Niall gulp. But it disappeared before the other two boys had noticed.

As the three boys reached the first step to the porch, Liam moved to Niall's left while Harry went to his right.

"Hey, Ni Ni. I've missed you," Ethan said sweetly, and Niall smiled involuntarily. But then he remembered what would come if he stayed with Ethan, and the smiled dropped, a frown replacing it and fear in his eyes.

Niall's eyes drifted downwards, staring at the ground. Harry grabbed his hand, trying to help with the situation, but that's when everything started doing down hill.

"Let go of his hand," Ethan growled, taking a few steps forward with his fists clenched. Niall took a few steps back, pulling his hand out of Harry's. He closed his eyes, not wanting to see what was bound to happen.

Idiot. You brought them here and now all hell is going to break loose, and you'll still end up with Ethan.

Niall shook his head, wanting nothing more than silence in his head for once. It's bad enough he has Demons outside his head, he doesn't need them inside as well.

Poor baby Niall. You only have the voices. Ethan, though he loves you, won't fight for you and stay by your side forever, and those boys you met won't either.

Someone wrapped their arms around Niall, pulling him so that his back was to their chest. That's when he noticed police sirens and yelling.

How did I not hear that?

Niall spun himself around, and managed to move his arms to his head to cover his ears.

He felt someone (most likely the person holding him) grab his wrists to pull them away from his ears.

"Niall. Niall!" Zayn said, trying to get the blondes attention. Niall's head snapped up, tears filling his eyes.

"Hey, hey, hey," Zayn said. "You're fine. Liam's fine and so is Harry. Everyone's okay," he cooed, trying to get Niall so calm down.

"M-my f-fault. E-every th-thing i-is m-my -f-fault," Niall said, his breath quickening.

Zayn looked around, trying to figure out what to do. He have up on anyone helping and pulled Niall to his chest , making it to where Niall could hardly move.

Niall kept repeating 'My fault. Everything is my fault,' over and over.

"Niall, breath with me. In, out," Zayn said, talking deep breaths and letting them go, saying in and out as he did it.

Niall eventually copied him, calming down. Zayn sat down, Niall on his lap, making sure he wasn't freaking out.

Harry jogged over a few minutes later, and Zayn slowly pulled the both of them up, seeing as Niall had fallen asleep.

"Everything okay?" Harry asked. He knew Zayn wasn't too fond of Niall. He was afraid the boy would mess up the thing the 4 boys had going on.

"Yeah, think he started having a panic attack or something. Wasn't sure what to do, but he calmed down," Zayn said, a small smile playing on his lips.

"Liam and Lou are getting as much of his stuff as they can. Want me to take him back to the van?" Harry offered, but Zayn shook his head.

"I got 'im," Zayn said softly.

How did this boy manage, in just over 12 hours, to steal the hearts of four boys?

A/N: Okay so this is a short chapter but next one I wanna have about 2,000 words to make up for this one. Ily guys who read my book 💜