Chapter 10

As I turned around and was looking back at Emily, I saw a guy in a black mask standing at the other end of the hallway with a gun pointed in my direction.

I closed my eyes when I heard the gun go off and bent my knees and fell to the ground out of instinct.

I never really thought much about how my life was going to end or what happens after you die.

I always just assumed that I would be apart of One Direction until I was at least like 30 then maybe find a nice and normal girl and settle down and have a bunch of kids.

I thought I would grow old with someone I love and have a bunch of grandkids I could spoil.

I'm only 20 and I've never thought about dying at such a young age.

But I didn't feel like I had been shot...

The masked man must have missed me?

Now that I think about it, he didn't really look like he was trying to aim for me.

But if he wasn't aiming for me then who was he aiming for?

Then I heard a small whimper and someone begin to cry behind me.

I turned around to see a girl laying on the floor in front of the door, huddled in a ball.

But it wasn't just any girl.

It was my sister.

"Gemma oh my god," was all I could say as I ran towards her.

"Harry.." she said sounding like a small child.

"I had to come back and get you, I couldn't just leave you in here and you've been gone for a while and I was so worried I just -" she continued.

"Shh, it's going to be okay, are you hurt?" I asked.

"Yeah, the bullet grazed my left shoulder," she answered, wincing in pain.

"I'm going for help," I said while heading for the door.

"What about Emily?" Gemma asked.

Emily?

Oh no.

I had temporally forgotten about her and the masked man with a gun that was probably still in the same hallway we were in.

I didn't see the shooter so I rushed down the hall and looked around the corner where I left Emily earlier.

But she wasn't there.

If she wasn't there then where else would she be?

"I'm bleeding pretty bad," I heard Gemma say.

I had to get her help and fast.

"Do you think you can walk outside to get help?" I asked as I walked back towards her.

"I don't know, I - " she stopped mid sentence.

"Gemma? Gemma!"

She was unconscious.

I picked her up in one swift move and carried her outside.

There were police cars in every direction I looked.

Some of them rushed up to me and one of them grabbed Gemma.

"Please help her," I begged, my lower lip quivering.

I couldn't cry, not now.

I still had to find Emily.