Chapter 9

I couldn't quite wrap my head around everything that was happening.

I was feeling a mixture of all sorts of emotion: guilty that Harry came back to save me, relief that we were almost to the door, and now shock because there was a man with a gun standing within 10 feet from me.

I immediately started to flashback to when Harry and I first met in the hotel elevator 3 months ago.

I never in a million years would have pictured myself with someone like Harry Styles.

He was way too good looking and charming for one thing, and for another he was in a band. I definitely misjudged him when I first met him and automatically assumed he would just use me.

These past few months have definitely been the best that I've ever had. Harry treated me like no guy ever has before and I couldn't be happier.

The way he listened to me when I complained about pointless things, did cute romantic things for me like buy my flowers randomly, and often sung me to sleep were just a few of the hundreds of reasons why I loved him.

People may think I'm just a crazy teenager and our relationship is just 'puppy love' or whatever but we knew it was much more than that.

The saying really is true - when you know, you just know.

I'd known him for just 3 short months and I already knew he was the one.

I suddenly snapped back to reality when I heard a gunshot go off.

My face froze and my mouth opened wide in shock.

HARRY'S POV:

I slowly tiptoes down the hallway, careful not to make too much noise.

I kept glancing over my shoulder to make sure Emily was still there.

She looked so scared and innocent peaking around the corner.

I honestly knew I have never felt like this towards any other girl before. Like ever.

She actually gave me butterflies in my stomach, something no one has been able to do before.

I just loved the way she blushed every time I complimented her, the way she slightly snored in her sleep (which I would never tell her), and especially how she got to know me for me, not just pretend to like me because I'm in the band.

She was the one.

I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life making this girl happy.

I haven't had many serious girlfriends at all, just kind of dated a few models here and there.

I knew the media had been talking about me and Emily, which doesn't surprise me at all.

I try to keep our relationship on the down low and keep her from reading those trashy magazines where people make up rumors about me and how I'm cheating or how she's suddenly pregnant.

But being in this situation tonight has made me think otherwise.

I want everyone to know I have a serious girlfriend and that I really love her.

I want the world to know the reason I'm so happy.

All of a sudden my peaceful thoughts were interrupted with a loud gunshot.