Chapter 1

It was the middle of June and I was in downtown Altanta staying in the Ritz Carlton for the week while my apartment was being renovated.

I was late for work and in a hurry so I was running to grab the elevator.

There was already a guy in it and he was grinning at me, probably because I looked quite ridiculous sprinting through the hallway.

He looked like he was in his older teens, wearing a black T-shirt and dark skinny jeans with some ray bans on his head. He was quite attractive too; dark curly hair, emerald green eyes, and deep dimples on both cheeks.

"Hello there," he said in what appeared to be a British accent.

"Oh hi," I replied.

I was in a rush and didn't really have time to chat with a random stranger.

He looked vaguely familiar but I couldn't quite tell where I knew him from.

"I'm Harry," the boy said.

"Awesome, I'm Emily," I said.

"You look kind of stressed out," he said with a sly smile.

"Yeah just a little," I said without looking at him.

All of a sudden the elevator stopped moving.

"Oh that's just perfect," I sighed.

"Guess you're trapped in here with me for a while," he said with a cheeky grin.

I didn't reply and started pushing a bunch of random buttons to try to make the elevator work again.

"Maybe we should get to know each other since we're stuck," he said with another grin.

I decided to just give into his little flirting game so I said, "Fine, tell me something interesting about yourself."

"Well I'm actually not from around here, I'm from the UK," he said.

"Wow, shocker..." I said maybe a bit too sarcastically.

"Hey now, no need to be rude," he said trying to look hurt.

I ignored him and started playing on my phone so maybe he would stop trying to hit on me or whatever it was he was trying to do.

"How long will you be in America?" I ask after a long silence.

"Erm, I'm not quite sure...we travel a lot so I lose track of time," he said.

"We? Like you and your girlfriend? You really shouldn't be flirting with a random stranger in an elevator if you have a girlfriend you know," I said.

"First off, I don't have a girlfriend," he said smiling. "And second, I most definitely was not flirting with you I was just being nice," he adds.

"Well here in America we would call that flirting," I snapped.

"Well since you asked, I'm here with some friends of mine....I'm actually kind of in a band," he admits.

"How cute," I said.

"Yeah we are pretty cute," he said with another smile.

"You really expect me to believe you're in a band that travels to different countries? Lying isn't really going to impress me," I said.

At that moment the elevator opens.

"Finally!" I said excitedly.

"Nice meeting you!" he shouts after me as I nearly sprint off the elevator and head through the parking garage.

"Ditto," I said while walking away.

I looked around and saw groups of teenage girls everywhere all whispering and pointing then all of the sudden one of them asked me, "Were you just in an elevator with Harry Styles?!"

"Um, sure I guess," I replied while still walking towards my car.

Once I ate dinner and went back to my hotel room I took a shower then called my best friend, Tiffany.

"Emily! My mom got me One Direction tickets for tomorrow night isn't that so awesome!" she exclaimed.

Tiffany had been obsessing over this new boyband and had been trying to get me to help her stalk them or something.

"Yeah sure Tiff, that's awesome," I try to be excited for her but I honestly don't get why every teenage girl is obsessing over this new band. Once we talk a little more I hang up and decide to go to bed.

When I wake up the next morning, I decide to do some shopping downtown. I went to a few stores then spotted a Starbucks and decided I could really use a mocha frappuccino.

"Fancy seeing you here," I heard a deep voice behind me say. I knew exactly who it was without even turning around - elevator boy.

"What, are you stalking me now or something?" I jokingly ask.

"You wish," he said with a smile.

I turn around to face him and can't help but admire his incredibly adorable smile, especially those dimples. I quickly look away because I know if I keep staring at his perfect face I'll possibly melt to my knees.

"We have to go Harry," a big man in all black said.

"Would you like to come with me?" Harry asked while looking at me with that adorable smile of his.

"Um sure...where exactly?" I ask hesitantly.

"You'll find out soon," he said mysteriously.

I follow him and the big man out the door and into a black expedition.

"Are the boys already there?" Harry asked the man.

"Yeah, they've been waiting for you to stop goofing off so you guys can start rehearsal," the man said with a smile.

"Relax Paul, you know we do the same thing pretty much every night anyway," Harry said laughing.

I wasn't quite sure what they were talking about so I just sat in silence looking out the window.

The car stopped and I got out of the car and looked around.

"Where are we?" I asked as Paul led us to the back of a large building.

"It's where the show is tonight," Paul answered.

I looked at Harry confused.

"Told you I was in a band," he said with a smirk.

We walked into a large room with couches, a tv, tables of food, and people everywhere.

"Harry I need to fix your hair, it's an absolute mess," a young blonde woman said.

"Sorry Lou, not my fault it's windy outside," Harry said then stuck his tongue out at her.

"Who's that, your girlfriend?" I ask.

"Oh goodness no, she's like my best friend," Harry said, "And also my hairdresser," he adds. "And I told you, I don't have a girlfriend," he says while smiling.

"Well why not? You could probably get any girl you want," I blurt out without thinking.

"Probably true," he says, "but I want a girl that will like me for me, not just because I'm in a famous band."

"What exactly is your 'famous band' called?" I asked.

"One Direction, you may have heard of us?" he said.

'Oh brother,' I think.