NINE

"Delilah, are you okay?" Harry asked me at lunch. I had been shaken up ever since Professor Snape held me back and told me he knew who I was.

"Oh, uh yeah."

"I wanted to say thank you for sticking up for me in potions."

"That's what friends do. Uh, we are friends, right?"

"Of course. Since we're friends tell me about yourself."

"Well I'm 11. My parents were killed by he who shall not be named when I was 1 years old. I live with my godfather and I enjoy brewing potions and turning into my animanigus form. What about you?"

"I'm 11 as well and my parents were also killed by he who shall not be named when I was the same age. I grew up with my aunt, uncle, and cousin who hated me. I used to sleep in a closet underneath the stairs but then I got my cousin Dudley's extra room. I never knew about magic until I came here." I was heartbroken to hear what he went through while I was with Remus. It wasn't fair that he went through all that and I had a happy childhood. "How is it living with your godfather?"

"Remus is like my father. We both like doing the same things. We move a lot. I always love the trips to visit Lyall and Hope, who are basically like my grandparents. I'm constantly trying to set Remus up with women I think he's like but he never wants to."

"You've got a pretty happy family. You're lucky."

"Yeah, I guess. But honestly, I would give all of it up if I could have my parents back. I think about them everyday. I just wish I could talk to them. All I want is to hear, I Love You, once. But it'll never happen."

"I get where you're coming from. For years I thought that mine died in a car crash. I never knew they were murdered. When I found out I couldn't believe that my Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon had lied to me."

"That's awful that they would lie."

"They didn't want me knowing anything about the magic world. Looks they their plan failed."

"We should probably head to our next class now."

"Yeah you're right." I stood up and grabbed my books, not noticing that my hair moved and revealed my neck a bit.

"What's that on tour neck Delilah?" I froze for a second.

"Oh, that's just a cut. I got it when running in my animanigus form."

"Oh, okay." That was close. Way too close. I walked with Harry, worried that he would find out before Dumbledore would let me tell him. I could not let him find out we were twins.