FOUR

The train halted and everyone scurried to get off. A large familiar man stood in the center calling to the first years.

"Hagrid!" Harry yelled. I then knew him as the man Remus knew. We walked towards him.

"Hello Harry, Delilah. Who's this?" (I can't do Hagrid's dialogue I'm so sorry, trust me it's bad)

"Ron Weasley."

"Well come on head to the boats." There were many wooden boats lined up. Four people would get in one boat and we would sail across the black lake, as it was a tradition for all first years. I sat in a boat with Harry, Ron, and Hermione. The boats began to move right when Hagrid got in his. After seeing the giant squid, Hogwarts came into view. It was absolutely spectacular. I had never seen anything quite like it. The castle was dark but the moonlight glistened onto it.

We finally arrived and followed Hagrid until he stepped away. A regal woman walked in and began to speak.

"Welcome to Hogwarts. The start of term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats you will be sorted into your houses. The Sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory, and spend free time in your house common room. The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin." I knew my parents and Remus were Gryffindors so I was hoping to be in that house.

"Each house had its own noble history and each had produced outstanding witches and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your house points, while any rulebreaking will lose house points. At the end of each year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup, a great honor. I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever house becomes yours.

"The Sorting Ceremony will take place in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school. I suggest you all smarten yourselves up as much as you can while you are waiting." She eyed the students before continuing.

"I shall return when we are ready for you, please wait quietly." The boy I met on the train came up to my brother.

"So it's true. You're Harry Potter. My name is Malfoy, Draco Malfoy." I heard Ron snicker at the mention of his name. "Think my names funny huh? No need to ask who you are. Red hair and hand me down robes. You must be a Weasley. You'll soon learn some wizarding families are better than others. I can help you there." He said extending his hand.

"I think I can sort them out myself." My brother spoke, denying his handshake. I knew this would be the beginning of a rivalry that I wanted no part of.