TWO

After getting money from the vault we headed to Ollivanders. The shop inside was dirty. Cobwebs hung from the shelves of wands. An older man walked out.
"Remus Lupin. And who is this?" The man asked.

"My god daughter, Delilah."

"Let us see what we have for her."He spoke walking back to a shelf. His eyes danced around before landing on a spot and pulling a case out. He opened it and handed me the wand.

"Maple wood, 10 1/2 inches, unicorn hair core." I waved it and flicked sparks came out. "No, no. That one won't do. Ah." He pulled another one out that wasn't covered in dust.

"Alder wood, 12 inches, dragon heartstring core." I tried and it failed again. "Hmmm..... Miss Delilah you are hiding something, something that does not allow your wand to show itself." I looked to Remus and he nodded.

"I am Delilah Lily Potter, and I'm supposed to be dead." He smiled and went and quickly pulled a wand from the back. I held it in my hand and copied my usual actions. This time it worked.

" Cypress wood, 11 3/4 inches, Phoenix feather core

" Cypress wood, 11 3/4 inches, Phoenix feather core. You know something peculiar? Your brother and he who must not be named have cores from the same Phoenix. They are essentially triplets. You my dear girl will treat the wand good, I am sure of it." After buying my wand we headed for robe fittings and books. It had been a long day but I was finally prepared for school and the full moon was gone. Remus and I stayed up talking as we usually do after full moons since I don't see him for a couple days. Finally the day came to board the Hogwarts Express. I was excited but I could tell Remus was sad. It was always just us two and now he'll be on his own. We stood on the platform and I looked around at all the students and parents.

"Now Delilah, you mustn't let anyone know who you are. That means hair down at all times and when people ask your name its..."

"Delilah Lupin. I know what to do Remus." I quickly hugged him tightly. "I'll miss you."

"So will I." He kissed my forehead."Be safe, have fun, and learn. Goodbye Delilah."

"Goodbye Remus." I walked into the train and turned to see Remus waving goodbye. I had no clue how I would survive a year without him and how he would survive without me.