Chapter 7

Peter walked out of his tent and embraced the early morning sun. His face turned to one of surprise and hope when Oreius walked passed. The mighty centaur bowed his head and glanced back at the rocky hills. Peter followed his gaze and set eyes on Aslan sitting in front of a familiar hunched over figure. At this point, both Susan and Lucy had emerged from their tent and noticed Peter's stare.  

Having set eyes on her brother, Lucy brightened with excitement and pranced forward, "Edmund!"

Peter was quick to stop her from running to meet him, instead waiting for them to join them.

"What's done is done." Aslan stated when they arrived, "There is no need to speak to Edmund about what is past." The great lion looked amongst the four children before turning and leaving them to reunite with each other. 

"Hello." Edmund meekly greeted.

Lucy and Susan wrapped their brother in a tight hug which he happily returned.

"How are you feeling?" Susan asked, looking him over.

"I'm a little tired." He mumbled.

"Get some rest," Peter said shortly.

Edmund ducked his head and nodded then shuffled passed his brother.

"...and Edmund... try not to wander off."

Edmund and Peter cracked a small smile before the younger son of Adam disappeared into the tent for some much needed rest.

Later that morning, the Pevensies were huddled around a low table munching happily away on some breakfast. Lucy smiled through her food at Edmund who was scoffing down his toast.

"Narnia isn't going to run out of toast, Ed."

"I'm sure they'll pack some for the journey back." Peter sighed, he pushed himself off the boulder he was leaning against. 

"Were going home?" Susan wondered.

"You are. I promised Mum I'd keep you three safe. But that doesn't mean I can't stay and help." Peter explained.

"But, they need us...All four of us." Pleaded Lucy.

"She's right," Aras stated walking over to the siblings. "The prophecy states two sons of Adam and two Daughters of Eve, not one son of Adam."

Peter gave her a divided look but turned back to Lucy. "Lucy, it's too dangerous. You almost drowned, Edmund was almost killed!"

"Which is why we have to stay." Edmund spoke up for the first time. His statement attracted four pairs of eyes. "I've seen what the White Witch can do...and I've helped her do it. And we can't leave these people behind to suffer for it."

Aras gave Edmund a thankful look when his eyes met hers to which the boy blushed under her kind gaze. 

"I suppose that's it then." Susan huffed and psuhed up from her seated position.

"Where are you going?" Peter asked.

Susan picked up her bow and quiver and smiled back at her siblings and Aras, "To get in some practice."

Aras, Susan and Lucy were standing a few yards from one of the many targets in the archery range. Susan held her bow and arrow in position and aimed at the red circle.

"Keep your elbow up, and straight." Aras instructed.

Susan followed and released her arrow, it landed in the second inner ring, missing by a small distance. Susan grimaced in annoyance. Lucy smirked and pulled out her dagger, with a flick of her wrist, it landed dead centre in the target. Their attention turned to Peter and Edmund who rode passed with their swords on horse back.