Chapter 4

The Pevensies, Beavers, and Aras trudged through the snow towards Aslan's camp. The journey had been long and exhasuting, but they persevered.

"Now, Aslan's camp is near the Stone Table, just across the frozen river." Beaver explained as he pointed over the vast winter plagued landscape.

"River?" Peter questioned. 

"Oh, the river's been frozen solid for a hundred years." Mrs Beaver chirped. 

"It's so far." The son of Adam sighed.

"It's the world, dear. Did you expect it to be small?"

"Smaller." Susan murmured.

The Beavers were ahead as they walked across a large snowy plain. Aras walked alongside the Pevensies as they shuffled along slowly.

"Come on, humans, while we're still young." Beaver chided.

Peter stopped and gestured for Lucy to climb on his back, "If he tells me to hurry up one more time, I'm going to turn him into a big fluffy hat."

Aras smirked lightly at Peter's remark.

"Hurry up!"

"He is getting kinda bossy." Lucy agreed.

Aras' ears perked at the sound of bells and she turned around with a look of anger and fear.

"No. Behind you, it's Her!" 

"Run!" Aras barked. She urged the Pevensies across the snow and towards the forest. They Beavers jumped down off the ledge and guided the children into a small cave.

The sleigh pulled up before the ledge, the silhouette of a figure stood above them but disappeared leaving only silence behind. 

"Maybe she's gone." Lucy whispered after a few moments.

"I suppose I'll go and have a look" suggested Peter. The boy made to exit the cave but Aras and Beaver held him back.

"I'll go." Aras declared, but Beaver stopped her as well.

"No, you're both no good to Narnia dead."

"Neither are you, Beaver." Mrs Beaver protested.

"Thanks dear." Beaver climbed out of the cave and up onto the ledge and yet again silence was left behind. That was until Beaver appeared once again from above and startled everyone.

"Come out! I hope you've all been good, because there is someone here to see you!" Beaver grinned.

They emerged from the cave to see an elderly man that Aras, and the Pevensies were familiar with.

"Merry Christmas, Sir!" Lucy greeted.

"It certainly is, Lucy...since you have arrived." Father Christmas replied. 

"Look, I've put up with a lot since we got here. But this..." Susan began.

"We thought you were the Witch." Peter concluded. 

"Yes, sorry about that. But, in my defence, I have been driving one of these longer than the Witch." He replied, he gestured to the large sleigh behind him. 

"I thought there was no Christmas in Narnia" Susan said.

"Not for a long time. But the hope you have brought, your Majesties, is finally starting to weaken the Witch's power. Still, I dare say you could do with these!" Father Christmas heaved a lack sack out of his sleigh.

"Presents!" Lucy exclaimed, she walked up to Father Christmas excitedly.

Father Christmas handed Lucy a small red vial, "The juice of the fire flower. One drop will cure any injury. And though I hope you never have to use it..." He then handed the girl a small dagger with a lion on the pommel.