Chapter 26. Nebula

Hope everyone enjoys this chapter. I wanted to let anyone who's a fan of "The Role of the General." that chapters will continue after the conclusion of this fic. "The Future is Brighter with You." Will also continue soon. Thank you so much for the votes and comments and Follow if you like!

After the blushing and embarrassment had passed, breakfast carried on with Chewie and Maz. You were relieved that Maz chose not to mention the loud... nightly activities. She did however give a wink as you entered the small kitchen.

"We can go out to the bar near Blackburn Bay. Rõaken should be slinking around there," Maz said as she poured herself a drink. You absentmindedly let your hand brush against Ben's. 

"That's the guy who will buy our ship?" You asked with a smile. She nodded and Chewie gave a groan. "What did he say?" You asked in confusion as Maz and Ben began to laugh hysterically. While wiping tears from her face, Maz choked out, "He asked why it sounded like someone was killing a nerf last night." Your jaw dropped. 

"Chewbacca!" 

-------------

The four of you headed over to the bar with your cloaks covering your faces. Ben wasn't particularly nervous that he would be recognized, as his face wasn't seen by many. However, by now the First Order had probably alerted the galaxy to look for a young couple. So you resulted to wearing long cloaks and giving false names to whoever you came across. Your hair was tucked into your hood and your hands covered with gloves. You felt hot and sweaty but you held your discomfort quiet. Ben however was often grumbling about the heat on his clothed body. 

The bar was small and quaint, but produced enough noise for several establishments. Maz led your group to the back entrance which took you to a hidden basement. The door at the bottom of the stairs cracked open and a small bug eyed creature popped out its head. 

"Oh! Maz Kanata! Yes! Um! Right this way!" He shook with excitement as he opened the door. He peered over at you and Ben. "Who might you be?" Your eyes widened and you blurted out. 

"Travelers." His eyes narrowed and he shook his head. 

"Master requires exact identification for entry." He stated robotically. You looked to Ben for help and he nodded at you for reassurance. He took in a deep breath and turned to the small alien. Ben's hand rose up to its face. 

"We are travelers. If your master asks our names you will recall not having asked us." He said with no hesitation. His monotone voice sent shivers down your spine as it reminded you of his tone the first time you spoke to him. The small alien stood a bit straighter. 

"You are travelers. If my master asks your names I will recall not having asked you." He repeated. His eyes were slightly glassy and it gave you a zombie-like feel. His mouth was slightly agape as he stared at your lover.

"Now, you will take us to speak with him." Ben said, his hand in the air quivering slightly. 

"Now I will take you to speak with him." He turned around stiffly before returning to his normal stance like nothing had happened.  You glanced over at Ben and he gave you a reassuring smile. You were led through a narrow hallway that led into a small room with a large table between two seats. Maz immediately took a seat in one of the chairs, to the displeasure of the humanoid blue alien across from her. His shiny skin glowed slightly in the dimly lit room. He held a large wooden mug in his meaty hand, the amber liquid sloshing around. He looked Maz up and down as if he wasn't surprised she had just waltzed into his domain. 

"Maz, what do you want?" He growled. His free hand slammed down on the table. "If you're here to harass me about selling stargrass to kids, im not doing that anymore!" Maz held up her hands in defense. 

"I'm not here for that, calm yourself." She gestured over to you and Ben. "These two have a ship they'd like to trade. An X-Wing to be precise." Rõaken narrowed his eyes. He gave the both of you a once over, staring at your full coverage clothing. 

"Where did you two find an X-Wing?" He asked suspiciously. " We all know there's only one place to get those." You gulped and glanced over to Ben in panic. Before you could speak to your defense, Maz interrupted.

"We all know you don't care, so let's just skip the chit chat. Do you have a ship to trade for it?" Maz asked in an annoyed voice. Rõaken raised an eyebrow. He nodded towards his assistants who hurried into a back room.

"Fine. I do. An 878 Razor Wing. Named Nebula. She's old, but she'll get ya where ya need to go." He grumbled gesturing behind him. "Ill give you her and enough fuel to last you a month for the X-Wing." He said before taking another gulp of his drink. Maz shook her head before you or Ben could agree naively. 

"Three months of fuel, and a backup engine. You wont get by trying to con me, Rõaken." She said with an adjustment of her glasses. "An X-Wing is worth much more than your offer." He groaned. 

"Fine! Fine!" His assistant came running back in with a small dish in his hand.  Rõaken reached into the dish and pulled out a boot remover. He tossed it towards Maz and she caught it with ease. "That'll get you off the ground. I'll have my boys set it up within an hour." You grinned over at Ben and he gave you a small smile back. 

After Maz finalized the details with Rõaken, your small party of four departed the basement. You made your way back to Chewie's apartment to wait. You stayed in the back room, packing up your few belongings, but you could hear Chewbacca and Ben talking from your location. 

"AAArrrgh." Chewie groaned quietly. You cursed yourself for not being able to speak Wookie. You heard Ben lightly chuckle in response. 

"Yeah, I do. She's my everything." His deep voice mumbled. 

"HHHhhaaag." 

"We'll be fine. I would die before I let harm come to her." Ben confirmed. You smiled to yourself and finished packing your stuff. You headed into the main area and greeted Ben with a kiss to his forehead. 

"Are we all set?" You asked delicately. He nodded with a smile. 

"I think we are." He said happily, his arm curving around your waist.