Chapter 7. Calm

Your friendship with Kylo Ren had progressed to nothing more than small talk in his room while you played board games. It wasn't too straining and honestly you quite enjoyed it. Saw thought you were crazy.

"You are willingly going to Kylo Ren's room almost every night to spend time with him?" She asked incredulously. You chuckled and nodded.

"He is surprisingly good company." You explained. " So far he hasn't given me any reason to stay away." You hummed as you continued your work. A strange construction site had been seen on a large class 5 planet recently. The First Order feared it was another resistance base popping up. You looked at your watch. "Oh hey, its my lunch break. You got this, right Saw?" She nodded and you gathered your lunch. Making your way down to the kitchens you entered in through the back way, finding Brott immediately.

"Well look who it is!" He exclaimed and gave you a hug. "What's new?" You sat down with him and began your story of Kylo Ren, and your new found friendship. Brock nodded in approval.

"I'm actually supposed to go and see him tonight." You chirped happily. Brott chuckled.

"And he hasn't tried to maim you yet?" He asked with a smile. You shook your head.

"He's almost a different person when he's not trying to be all official." You smiled. "He's even kinda nice." Brott gave you a knowing smile.

"That's great." You continued talking to Brott about what was happening at work, what was happening in the kitchens, etc. When It was time to leave you gave him a hug and promised to come eat with him some time later that week. You started back to your post when you were stopped by a horrific sound. The crunching and bending of metal, the swish of a lightsaber. You turned on your heels and found yourself in front of a control room. You pushed past the door in curiosity and were met with the sight you had feared.

Kylo's back was to you as he swung violently into the panel. His muscled back was tensing with each blow. You stood in horror for a few minutes. Realization came flooding back to you.

I've been having tea with this man. It was fun but, he's dangerous. What was I thinking I can't be frie-

You stopped. With a look of determination you shook off your fears. You had decided to become this man's friend. You stepped toward him. His blows continued to slice into the control panel and you silently slipped a hand onto his shoulder. You felt him flinch slightly at your touch but he continued his assault. You wrapped your other arm around his waist and started to pat his shoulder. After a few seconds the lightsaber fell and you could hear his labored breathing. It exited the mask and filled the room with its sound. You shivered in fear wondering what he would do.

"What. Are. You. Doing." He said in between breathes. You tightened your grip.

"Comforting you. It's what friends do." You said quietly. Slowly his body turned so that you were now hugging his chest. A strong arm reached down and wrapped around you as well. "Why are you upset?" You asked hesitantly and he let out a labored sigh.

"The resistance is building another base." He growled. You leaned your head against his chest. The strong thump of his heart echoed in your head.

"Be calm then. You are much scarier when your calm." You chuckled. "The Resistance doesn't stand a chance." With a quick tug Kylo Ren moved away from you. He stood facing you with a hand around your upper arm.

"Thank you." He said quietly and exited the room quickly. After you regained your composure you turned to look to the side. Hux stood with his eyes open and jaw wide. He was pressed against the wall in a similar fashion to how you had been. You hadn't even noticed him when you walked in, or when you were comforting the force user. Finally he spoke up.

"How did you- I dont- how?" He asked and you shrugged.

"I just kind of winged it. It worked somehow." You said and his eyes looked like they were going to pop out of their sockets.

"You thought. You just. You just decided to hug Kylo Ren?!" He said with his voice raised. You tried to shrug it off.

"Everyone likes hugs." You stated and turned to leave. You almost ran back to your room. When you got inside you slammed against your wall and slid down.

I hugged Kylo Ren. I stopped a tantrum. He didn't kill me.

Your brain was flowing with thoughts. You looked down at your hands and saw that they were shaking violently. You wrapped your arms around yourself.