Chapter 19. Plans

Sorry for the long hiatus guys, I just moved and I've been in the process of getting emancipated, so yeah, fun times. School is starting and I actually write better during it so that'll mean good updates. Thanks for staying with me!

Due to the lack of Storm Troopers in the calvary, every member still alive on the First Order's ranks were drafted for the rebuttal attack. Instead of trying to lay low and build back its numbers, they would be attacking straight away. Some called General Hux crazy when he announced the plans for revenge. "Crazy," "Insane," they said. Deserters were being caught and killed everyday. The only people still around were those too scared to leave, or the die hard supporters who were crazy enough to think they could win. The First Order was falling apart at the seams and desperately trying to sew itself together.

You were given the position as a ground soldier. Your training would start soon and you'd eventually be sent down with the others for an attack. Kylo, who was put in charge of leading said attack, was not happy about it.

"I can get you exchanged to something else," He pleaded. "Maybe coms officer, or a higher position." He held you close to him with your head rested on his shoulder. You were both standing in the abandoned room you had found earlier. It had soon become your secret meeting space with him. You'd both spend as much time together there as you two could, just holding each other and talking.

"Its fine. Training is very thorough. I won't get hurt. " You smiled weakly. You knew it was a lie. The General was sending everyone to die. They were going to attack the resistance at its home base, a suicide mission.

"(Y/N), we both know there isn't a result of this battle that ends with The First Order on top." You shivered as his arms traced up your sides. He had thrown his gloves to the floor along with his helmet and his bare fingers drew circles on your arms.

"I know." You bit your lip. "And I have a plan." Kylo backed up to look at you, his arms still secured at your waist.

"What?" Confusion hit his face as his brows furrowed. You grabbed your holopad and showed him the plans for the attack.

"A plan for us to leave." You gave him a small smile.

"During the attack?" He asked with confusion. You nodded.

"See, when we land we are staying away from the base on the surface of the planet. We are supposed to stay at the landing site until given the word to make our way toward the base. So what if, when we land you and I go AROUND. We break off from the First Order and go into the woods near the base. When the First Order attacks the resistance everyone will be distracted with the fight. We head through and grab an X-Wing, then we can leave the planet." You looked up to see Kylo looking concerned. He stayed silent for a while.

"How will we get away from the First Order? I can see you escaping without people noticing, but I'm supposed to lead this Attack (Y/N), my absence will be noticed." His voice shook a bit as he looked down at the floor. You hadn't considered the fact that Kylo was still a big part of The First Order. Hell, he was probably the only thing they had left. You stuffed the holopad back into your pocket.

"We will figure out something. I'm not leaving without you." You smiled and gave him a short kiss. "Just trust me. My job used to be strategy, I can figure this out." He smiled back at you but you could see the worry in his eyes.

"What about after?" He asked earnestly. "(Y/N) I'm already one of the most wanted men in the galaxy, twice over if I leave Snoke's grasp. It's hard enough concealing my thoughts from him right now, but what about after?" His voice was fast and shaky. You put a hand on his cheek. You didn't want this to be causing him stress, but he was right.

Will we even be able to settle down somewhere? Will we always be on the run? How long before the First Order gives up on looking for him?

You shook your thoughts away and grabbed one of his hands in yours.

"We will figure it out. I have some money on my home planet. The Galaxy is HUGE, Kylo. I'm sure we can find a place to lay low." He shook his head at this.

"If you say so." His arms wrapped tighter around you. "I really hope you're right." He grimaced. You rested your head back on his shoulder. He placed soft kisses on your neck as you both enjoyed being together.

"I am."