Chapter 5: Disco Fever - 5.1: Hair and makeup

This was the worst idea you had had for years, sure getting your stuff and Haruka back sounded easy enough, but having to do it in disco clothes, while roaming a party, filled with other disco dancing people weren't that easy. You were nearly killed five times by a pair of heels, and the changing lights made it impossible to make out anything of your surroundings, and besides that, you had lost track of Quartet Night, even though you were the one who had told everyone to at least stay together with one other person. This just weren't your day. You sighed deeply as you made your way through the dancing people, right now "That's the way I like it" was playing, and it was a big hit, you had to duck a few times to not get hit by an arm or leg, this was crazy, again you understood why the disco had died. This was gonna be a long night.

Meanwhile Ren and Masato were standing up a wall at the opposite side of the crazy dancefloor.

"Found anything?" Masato asked glaring at Ren

"No, but to be honest I don't think we will do much progress by just standing here" Ren stated bluntly. Masato sighed deeply.

"Aw come on, you can't still be mad that you are stuck with me Masa Masa" Ren said smirking.

Masato were just about to answer, but was cut off by another person.

"Well I don't know about you Ren, but I surely wouldn't want to spend all that time alone with you" the voice said.

Ren and Masato both looked up at the figure standing in front of them, with a dark blue disco suit similar to theirs. Van Kiryuin.

"I can only say, likewise" Ren answered with a triumphant look on his face.

Van scoffed, and looked at Ren, then he smirked, not a normal smirk, but a smirk that said that he was gonna get Ren down.

"Done something to your hair?" He asked casually, Ren narrowed his eyes, Masato had to put a hand to his mouth to not laugh out loud.

"It seems a little different you know" Van continued, Ren opening then closing his mouth.

"What's the matter Ren? Cat got your tongue?" Van said triumphantly.

Ren looked Van over with a cold look, then stopped at his hair, his expression changed from anger to wonder.

"Is that my hair gel?" He asked slowly.

Van raised an eyebrow, looked up, then smirked.

"What if it is?" He asked mockingly, but Ren didn't pay attention to his words, instead he walked over to Van, got on his toes, and sniffed his hair.

"Strawberry" he said slowly, Van looking up at him in disbelief, "Is that my shampoo too?" He asked, getting back down on his feet looking directly at Van.

It took Van a moment to understand what was going on, he stared blankly at Ren for a moment, shook his head, and said: "What are you gonna do about it?"

Ren stared at Van for a second, shrugged and said in a non caring voice: "Nothing"

"What?" Van asked, clearly offended.

"There is nothing I can do about it now is there?" Ren stated matter of factly.

Van looked dumbfounded at Ren and said in a silent voice: "I suppose not"

"Then what's the problem?" Ren asked turning his back to Van, walking back to Masato.

"Wait! Don't you want to know where your things are?" Van blurted out in a desperate attempt to stop Ren, he was not letting that long haired saxophone player get to him.