5. "I'll Walk You Home"

4 years, 4 months before the accident

Sometimes I despised having younger siblings, especially when they mess with your car and end up breaking it and crashing it into a tree.

So now I had to walk everywhere, not that I minded, I mean yeah I did sometimes. I used to walk everywhere before I had my license but then I got a job and I saved enough money to buy a car and then I become used to driving and not walking.

You could say my feet hurt every night when I went to bed.

The worst part is that my mum didn't punish them, just said some crap about them 'being young and reckless and how they didn't mean it, so it was okay. And besides I had a job so I could afford to buy a new car, or fix it'.

The problem was that I worked at a grocery store and I definitely was not rich in any way. Just because I had a job didn't mean I could afford to pay to fix my car.

So now I was saving up to fix it, I was a paycheck away from having my sweet, wonderful car back. But yet another problem was that I didn't get my next paycheck for another week. So I was stuck walking for a week.

It wasn't that bad, at least I got some exercise I guess, now my mum couldn't complain and worry that I wasn't getting enough exercise.

Today was one of those really good days for me, one factor being that Luke came and hung out with me at work almost all day.

But today was extra cold and chilly and I wrapped my coat tightly around me when I walked out of work and got blasted with the cold air.

I had just clocked out and Luke was by my side, holding my hand. I could see my breath, and his, it was that cold.

"Bye, I love you. I'll call you later." I say and kiss him quickly but he doesn't let my hand go, only pulls me back and smiles before kissing me again.

"I'll walk you home." He says and I shake my head.

"Luke it's freezing and your house is the opposite way of mine."

He doesn't budge and just shrugs before pulling me towards my house.

"If you get frostbite or get sick then it's not my fault, I warned you." I mumble and he just laughs and keeps pulling me along.

"So how was your day?" He asks and I just roll my eyes with a smile.

"You were with me almost all day." I say and he raises an eyebrow, his cheeks a light pink because of the cold.

"Key word: almost. What happened before I got there?"

Even though it wasn't that interesting, I launch into detail about what I'd done the 2 hours he wasn't with me and he listens intently while I ramble on and on about the rude customers and the nice ones.

By the time we make it back to my house, my feet hurt and my hands and face are freezing cold.

"I should probably get home before mum thinks I've been kidnapped." Luke jokes and I frown.

"Luke it's absolutely freezing and if you think I'm going to let you walk home like this then your crazy."

"I'm fine." He argues and I glare at him, shivering at a cold gust of wind.

"You're not even wearing a jacket, you only have a sweatshirt. Just come in and warm up and then I'll borrow mums car to drive you home." I say and he bites his lip and nods.

I smile and pull him inside where I make him bundle up in blankets and make him some hot chocolate, even if it isn't winter.

When he's all done and I deem him warm enough to go back outside, I drive him back home in my mums car, so he doesn't get sick.