IX. - Through The Dark - (FINALE PART2)

"Dad please , you have to let me ... they're going to kill everyone." Maine begged at her father but he wouldn't budge. Her conscience won't be able to handle the fact that she's the reason why innocent people will die, that's why it's okay for her to sacrifice her life in exchange for everybody's safety.

"Maine ... no ... the police are coming. We just have to hang on." her Dad replied. She understands his concern but she can't also ignore the lives that are at stake.

Mr. Mendoza then sent out his guards to subdue the goons that are on their floor right now. All Maine can do is lay there and feel the pain on half of her body. She already feels bad enough that she can't do anything to help Alden, and now the safeness of many people are in her hands also.

Her chaotic mind only calmed down after they started hearing police car sirens. She quickly sat up and told her Dad to look out the window.

"So, is it them?" she asked eagerly.

"Yes, the police are here."

---

Alden can shoot Jack if he wants to but since his former friend already has a gun pointed at him , he must be careful. The young  guy just raised his arm as a way of saying he surrenders.

"Jack ... let's talk this out man." he told him before taking a step back. Alden has no other choice, he needs to jump towards the balcony below.

"What for? Alden, we both know how this night would end. Me walking away form this hospital safe, and you ending up in a body bag. Shame because I actually liked you as a friend." Jack told him.

Alden took another step backward and prepared himself for the fall. His heart is pounding against his chest and for the first time ever, he's actually scared for his life.

"Jack please , you can still turn this thing around ... all of it. All you have to do is convince your Mom that all this isn't worth it. Please." he begged. But it's more than clear where Jack's mind is right now, he really wants to kill him.

"You really don't get it do you? I want to kill you Alden! I wanna kill you so bad." Jack replied, getting real frustrated at him. Alden on the other hand took another step backward, only to hear the sound of incoming sirens. He glanced at his side and saw at least a dozen police cars entering the hospital's premises.

"Police!" he yelled to distract him.

As soon as Jack turned his view to the side, Alden shot him twice on the chest.

Jack stood there for a moment as the red dot grew bigger. The gun in his hand slipped and fell to the floor.

His former friend fell down to his knees before he face-planted hard. Alden felt like he lost all of his body strength. He knelt and closed his eyes, praying to God that this is the end of their problem.

---

Maine and her Dad just stayed inside the morgue up until the police were able to subdue Evelyn and the remaining armed guys who surrendered after they heard Jack was killed by Alden at the rooftop.

Speaking of Alden, the two of them had a very emotional and hug kiss after he came back. Evelyn, distraught, vowed to still come after them even if she'll be in jail. Alden on the other hand taunted her even more by saying he will kill her next if she tries to hurt him , Maine or anyone else they know and love.

As the entire hospital dwells in the aftermath, Maine and Alden along with her Dad and guards were boarded on a helicopter. The young girl just laid her head on his shoulder right before they took off.

"What happens now?" she asked him.

"We'll be in peace ... finally."

"What if she comes back? What if she hurts us again?"

"That will never happen Maine , I will take care of you. Always."

"But Alden ... I don't want this to ever happen again? Why can't we be happy?"

"We will be ... from now on. And if ever Evelyn comes back, I won't let her hurt you. I will kill her."

"I believe you."

"I love you Maine." he told her.

"I love you too." 

The two then shared a kiss and vowed to never forget everything that happened to them.

---

that's it for the FINALE guys! thank you for reading :) x