9.-Won't Leave You-

Alden opened his eyes and saw hospital lights on the ceiling. The first thing he felt is the pain that his body is going through. he tried to move but just by doing so, it felt like an 18-wheeler truck ran over his stomach. The lad looked at his side and saw Maine face down on the drawer's top, she's sleeping. "How did you get here?" he asked himself just as the memories started flooding back. 

Alden started remembering everything that happened, the chase ... the shooting ... the killing ... it all started coming back. His heart started hurting, Alden closed his eyes and banged his head against the wall. Maybe he did it a little too hard that Maine woke up and panicked after seeing what he's doing. 

 "Oh my God stop it!" she yelled before running towards his side. 

 "Maine!" Alden answered and hugged her even though his body is still hurting. "I have to call the nurse" she answered before pulling away from. He then watched she the young girl ran out and called for a nurse's help. 

After a few seconds after, she came back and asked Alden how he's doing. 

 "I'll be better. But we have to go Maine, they'll find us here" he uttered while trying his best to sit up. However, the pain became too much for him that's why he is unable to completely do so.

 "We'll go when you're ready ... but for now, you have to get better first"

 "Maine ... they'll find us"

 "They won't .. we'll be safe here" she replied just as the nurses and doctor came in. The last thing she did that Alden saw before they had him surrounded is that Maine walked out of the room. 

---

Maine had to get out of the room because she thinks she's not ready yet to hear any bad news about him. The young girl then heard a news broadcast playing, she put on shades to prevent others from recognizing her before walking towards the lobby. 

There, she saw the news about the shootout near the lake. "God, please don't go to the cabin" she whispered to herself. If the police arrives there and sees that there are guns and other dangerous things, this could be well over for the both of them.  

What's worse is that she has to go there to pick up the rest of their money, even though she doesn't know how to do that since Alden managed to sink the car along with their groceries into the lake. After a few minutes of just standing there and listening to what the shitty newscaster is saying, Maine went back to Alden's room to check on him. 

There, she heard the doctor tell Alden that a few days or rest is needed to make sure that he'll get better. He replied to them by explaining his and Maine's situation. Deciding that it's time for her to make a move, Maine walked in and just agreed to the Doctor's recommendations. 

 "What?" Alden asked her. 

 "He's right Alden, you need to rest" she answered. Knowing that he has no other choice, he did not say a word afterwards and just looked away from them. Maine then asked the Doctor if she can talk to him, after he agreed ... they walked out of the room. 

 "How is he?" Maine asked as soon as they got out. 

 "He is doing better, you have to be thankful that the gunshot did not affect any of his internal organs"

 "What's the soonest date he can get out?"

 "Three days from now"

 "Can't he go any sooner?"

 "I wouldn't recommend that"

 "Alright ... I'll pay you a lot of extra money if you'll do everything you can for his recovery to go faster"

 "Maine , I will do my bets but I can't accept the money"

 "Alright.... Thanks" she replied. The doctor has been working for her family for almost two decades, Maine knows him and he knows her a lot.

The young girl went back inside the room and asked Alden how he's feeling.  "I'll be better if we get out of here" he replied while looking at his phone. 

 "You know you can't ... you basically almost died"

 "But I didn't"

 "What if you did?" Maine asked before reaching for her jacket. 

 ---

 Pissed by her decision of siding with his stupid Doctor, Alden just rolled his eyes and chose not to answer. The lad then noticed Maine heading out to the door. 

 "Where are you going?" he asked and so she walked back. 

"Home, I need to get a new car .. you dumped ours, remember?"

 "Yeah ... but can't you wait till I get better?"

 "I can handle myself don't worry" she insisted. Maine was then about to move away, but Alden pulled her close to him. "Take care"

 "I will" Maine replied and then leaned in to give him a quick kiss on the lips. But after doing so, her eyes widened just as she realized what happened. 

 Alden, who is also shocked by her action, was left speechless. "Dude, she just kissed you" a voice inside his head said to him. However, he can't find the right words to say after it happen. He just laid there, dumbfounded and unsure of what's the next thing he should do. 

 "Oh my lord I'm sorry!" she apologized before running out of the room. 

 "I .... I"

---

Feeling stupid because of what she did, Maine put on some sunglasses and ran out of the hospital to call the nearest cab. "Why would you kiss him Maine?" she asked herself even though she knows the answer. She got carried away. 

As soon as the cab pulled up in front of her, she got on it and told the driver the address of her home. The taxi then drove away, followed by a suspiciously black car. 

--

that's it for this part guys ^^ you want mooooore?