12.-Us Against Them-

After about two hours of bugging Alden to repeat what he just called her, Maine finally gave up. Right now, the young girl is just sitting there and looking out of the window. 

 "Alden?" she asked and so he looked at her. 

 "What?"

 "Where are we going next?"

 "I don't know ... we have to wait until 9:00 pm to find out ... remember?"

 "Yeah I know. But I mean ... what if this is our life? ... what if we don't ever get to catch the killer and we'll forever be on the run"

 "Maine? Forever doesn't exist so calm down"

 "Alden I'm serious"

 "I'm also Barack Obama"

 Maine smiled and just pinched his nose. "See?, you look better smiling" he commented before they took a turn towards the town. 

 "I think we should check in a hotel for the night" Maine suggested. 

 "Hotel? Oh we're not gonna sleep in one bed are we?"

 "Hell no, you'll sleep on the floor"

 "Maine ..."

 "Fine ... I'll sleep on the floor"

 "Great"

 Maine then smiled and pointed at a nearby hotel. As soon as they parked the car and got inside, the two young people exchanged looks. 

 "What if she asks for an ID?" Maine asked him. 

 "You have a fake one right?"

 "Yeah ... but God knows she might call the media people. We're supposed to be in hiding remember?" 

 "Right ... put on some shades and we'll change your hair color tomorrow"

 "Shades? seriously? it's almost dark"

 "Exactly why you should do it. Arrogant people uses shades whenever they want to"

 "Ugh, so I'm arrogant? is that what you're trying to say?"

 "Oh come on Maine , we can argue later"

  The young girl then took a deep breath before letting out a sigh. "Fine, but if we get caught ... ready the car okay?" 

 "Yeah. Go"

 Maine then just rolled her eyes and approached the receptionist. "Good Day Mam how are you?" she asked. 

 "I'll be better if you give me a room" the young girl answered, bringing out all the sass. 

"Alright then ... for how long?"

 "One night"

 "Is he your?"

 "Boyfriend? yes" Maine answered, lying to the receptionist so she and can Alden can have a bit of cover. 

"Alright ...."

 After a few more moments of just standing there and looking awkward, Maine was finally able to give the payment and have the keys to their room. She would have asked for two rooms but the thing is, she's too scared to be alone right now. 

 "Let's go" she told Alden and so they started heading towards the elevator. 

---

It took Alden and Maine a couple minutes before they were able to settle how they're gonna spend the night in one room. And when they finally did, the young lad quickly brought out two guns out of his bag and placed them under a chair.