21: Gifts From the Past

Start from the beginning

"Read the letter last", it read. I did not see a letter on it so I figured it was inside of the box. I was very curious about the letter now and the sender of it as I carefully unwrapped the present. "Who is that one from, love?", Fin asked moving a pile of gifts aside. I shrugged, "I don't know. The card does not say, but it mentions a letter", I responded taking the lid off of the box.

Inside was an envelope lying onto of this orb like thing. I took it out and sat it beside me before carefully lifting it out of the box. It is a clear glass bulb filled with strips of paper that had things typed on them. It has a sterling silver tag on the top of it that is engraved with the word 'love' and its definition.

"Love, a passionate feeling of affection for another person", I read aloud holding the bulb up to my face to get a better look at it

"Love, a passionate feeling of affection for another person", I read aloud holding the bulb up to my face to get a better look at it. "Are trying to get inside of the bulb or wish it open?", Fin asked standing in front of me. I lowered the bulb to allow to see my face clearly and gave him a flat look before redirecting my attention back to the bulb. "Love, there is something else in the box", he said and I raised a brow moving the bulb out of the way so I could see the empty boy. However, the box was not empty like I had thought.

Inside was a note in the cushion that read, 'Dig a little deeper, then you will see my heart'. My brow came down furrowing along with my other at the note sown into the fabric of the box. I handed the bulb to Fin who stared at it practically in awe while I felt around the box looking for a secret panel or something that would allow me to open up the secret compartment in the box. I came up with nothing causing me to groan in annoyance because I really wanted to know what was in the box. "Here, baby. Hold this while I open it for you", Fin said making me grin up at him in appreciation as I traded the box for the bulb. Guess what happened next?

He opened it. He effortlessly opened it in under 3 seconds. The cushion was the top to the compartment and I was left feeling 'unsmart' by the fact when I thought about how I spent a few minutes trying to find it. I frowned up at him and he just smirked cockily at me while holding the box out to me. "How?", I huffed and he chuckled. "I do not suffer from pregnancy brain", he responded making my eyes narrow into slits as I stared up at him.