Prologue

7 Years before the Chaos war...

"Sage you are a madman!" Said the head of forgery as his Rage lit eyes feasted down on the old scientist.
"That goes against everything we have learnt here! Using ancient animus objects for more of your ludicrous experiments! I should have you executed where you stand. But you are far more useful to this tribe than you would be if dead. I am instead revoking you of your profession. Take this as the merciful punishment. And I would say nothing personal, but it really is."
Sage looked down at his claws as he left the large council room on an island near the center of the Tide kingdom. He winced and covered his eyes as the blistering sun shone mercilessly from above. He sighed as he dove into the ocean.
What am I going to do now? I don't even have a job, how will I pay for my food?
The thought occurred to him immediately.
I only suggested to the head about my idea. He doesn't know that I'm actually in possession of the object. My plan will be carried through and I'll make sure he will regret ever firing me. I will create a machine with one purpose. To make my life easy, so no one will ever be in my position of being fired again. I will make a machine that is less machine and more dragon. I will make life.
And he sped through the water, unknown of the terror he would cause.