chapter 23

LET IT BE KNOWN I AM VERY THANKFUL FOR ALL THE READS... WHAT DO YALL WANNA SEE HAPPEN?? Top 2 and I will make it happen somehow

Lyric POV

"No! Youre so full of it" I said laughing at my mom as we walked down this bright colored path.

"I'm serious lyric... You just dont understand. He had these thick glasses and wore these oversized hoodies all the time. He was really lame" she said referring my father

"Where is daddy? You know he died... I hope he aint get sent to hell" i said thinking about it.

"Yo daddy aint dead... I was hoping you would be alot smarter than that. That man is in probably in cuba smokin a cigar" she said shaking her head as she stopped at the gate.

"Mom... You gotta be playing right now... There is no way possible

"Oh yeaa... Just like you... You're not dead... You just think it... God has his ways of showing you who did it... Imma just say keep your academics in check... I see your back at number 3... Mama aint raise no loser. You smart. Even thoe you got the money to pay for college your scholarships should get you all the way there... Im not playing. And you tell my johnney I love her and to quit playing with people emotions."

"What do you mean Im not dead? I heard the flat line?" I said confused

"Yea and you been so caught up talking to me you dont even hear your heart beat... Go talk to god and he can explain a lot" she said kissing me and going into the house.

As I walked away I was nervous about what was going to happen. I never thought I would see my mom again. I never thought I would be walking up to Gods door step, literally.

Before I could even raise my hand to knock I was being pulled in through the door and dropped to the floor.

"Now why I gotta just be dropped on the floor hard like that" I asked standing up dusting myself off.

"You need to be dropped on the floor a little harder than that" he said stroking his long white beard. I looked up at god with a slight mug.

"I don't think so... But thanks for the heartbeat so if you could just snap your fingers and wake me back up I will be on my way." I said smiling and batting my eye lashes.

"WHY SHOULD I" he shouted as his voice came out like thunder.

"Who you raising your voice at GOD.ALL.MIGHTY." I shouted up at him

"Are you not realizing I can snap my fingers and kill you? Really Lyric. All you do is kill people, sell drugs, and then come and pray for me to forgive you. Yeah I gotta forgive you but so help myself lyric I will kill you right now if that's what I have to do. From the time you came out I knew you would be trouble but not this much!" he said with a look of disappointment

"Lord you gotta realize that its not me. This is a US thing. We in this together. You created the little bundle of joy and you know my ending. Yea I sell drugs yea I kill people but that's the life you chose for me. You gotta overlook that stuff and realize that I flip all my money into good money. I give to 28 different charities, getting myself through school, all while trying to manage to not die."

"I will not overlook the fact that you kill people. You not even number one. You number 3... I'm worried that you gonna go from 3 to 0. Lyric I'm gonna give you five months to get your life together and realize that you are number 3 and number one is trying to kill you. If in 5 moths you still going through the same thing I will let you die from natural causes." He looked at me with a stern look as I tried to gather my next words.

"But- what does that mean Im number 3."

"THINK LYRIC you too smart to be so slow" he said raising his hands.

"I don't understand" I said stepping to him

"Think" he said slapping his hands together as my eyes shot open.

The light above me let me know I was indeed in the hospital. As my eyes searched for the button to call a nurse they instead landed on some clothes on the counter. I pulled all of the cords off me as the machine went off saying that I had flat lined as 2 doctors and a nurse rushed in.

"Lay back down. You cant leave yet." One of the doctors had said looking me over. I sat back on the bed feeling a sharp pain in my chest.

"Can I get some water? And a rubber band." I asked holding onto my chest. The female doctor had left out to get me something to drink. As I sat and watched the nurse write on her clip board. "How long will I have to be here I asked getting agitated?"

"2 maybe 3 weeks." The doctor said hooking my IV back into my arm. I sat and thought about a way to leave without making my machine flat line. As the female doctor came back she handed me a bottle of water and the rubber band. I pulled my hair up into a high bun and drank the water half way down.

"Alright lyric. We will be back in 2 hours to check on you if you need us push the red button on the bed side. If you need more pain medicine push this button and it will do it." He said giving me an intense stare.

"Okay, doctor Ill be here waiting for yall to come back." I said smiling at him he gave me a quick wink before shutting the door. I looked at the breathing pump as it went up and down just like a heartbeat. I took my time to stand up as I pulled the heart beat reader off my chest and stuck it to the machine watching as the heart rate remained the same.

I walked over to the door locking it just in case Mr. Doctor wanted to check on me early. I pulled the gown off and looked at the clothes realizing it was my jeans and a scrubs shirt. I put it on and went to the window to see I was only 3 floors off the ground. I opened the window and wished for the best as I jumped from the window and grabbed the beam that was in front of my window. Who knew 3 years of gymnastics and 6 years of cheerleading would come in handy for such a thing. Once I made it to the 2nd floor I did a simple flip and landed feet first. I turned and looked at the hospital as I noticed my doctor looking at me in my eyes. I turned and ran through the parking lot to find a car to steal.

JOJO POV

"Ayo johnney why dont you like me?" i asked sitting across the room

"Nigga you just kidnapped me and got me handcuffed to some dingy ass motel bed but you expect me to be your fuckin friend. You dumber than a squirrel looking for a nut in the middle of the road."

She been pissing me off with her southern ass analogies since I got her. I dont have time to be going back and forth with some low rate ass wanna be trap queen. But its just something about this girl that makes me weak in the knees.

"Either you go learn to respect me or Imma have to kill yo ass. I told her getting serious"

"Well kill me then Joshua Pigmen" She said my full government name causing me to stand up and grab her by the neck.

"Look bitch. I aint got the time for you to be acting all prissy and shit. I will and can kill you and not give a fuck. I suggest you put those acting classes to use before you end up dead" I said dropping her back down as she gasped for air.

"When rich and Damaree get here they go kill you." She spat with cold eyes

"You know what I gotta 9 inch pole that aint been put to use in some time. When the last time you got some. her head shot up as she stiffened and pulled her legs closer together. So now you speechless? Lets see all that southern bad ass you was talkin earlier." I said stepping toward her.

=====================

Sorry yall I was supposed to have updated like a couple of days ago but it seem like my chapter just kept deleting so this is vote read comment.