5: Father to Daughter

EMMA'S POV

"Wake up!"

My eyes flickered open to Brendon Urie standing very close to my face. I smiled at him. Yesterday wasn't a dream; he was actually my dad now.

"Emma! Wake up!" Brendon was saying.

I snapped out of the trance of his beautiful face inches away from mine. "Huh?" I scratched my head and yawned.

Brendon grinned at me. "I'm starting work right now, but I'd like to show you around my studio and hang out for a bit." He got up from my bed. "Be down and eat breakfast as soon as you can. There's bacon down there." He started to leave, but he poked his head back in. "And by the way, good morning."

I yawned again and got out of bed. I put on a purple shirt and black skinny jeans. I went into the bathroom that was connected to my bedroom to brush my teeth and do my hair.

I was surprised when I saw myself in the mirror because I forgot that I dyed my hair. I smiled at it.

After I brushed my teeth, I pulled my hair up into a loose ponytail. I couldn't wait to get downstairs to eat some of the bacon Brendon had told me about. The bacon was glorious.

"Come here!" Brendon shouted through the large glass sliding door that led to the backyard. I followed him outside, and I admired the pool. "Cool pool, huh?" Brendon said. "We'll be able to use it once it warms up a little bit."

I smiled and followed him to a white building. I already knew that this was his studio. "This is my studio!" he exclaimed. "Come in!"

He sounded so proud, it was adorable. "I love it," I said. The small space had basses, guitars, a drum kit, and desk with a computer and a box covered with buttons. On Brendon's desk was some awards. They made me happy.

Above the desk, there was a huge neon sign that said, "Urieletric". Brendon followed my eyes and saw that I was staring at it. "I named my studio 'Urieletric Studios'," he explained.

"I know," I told him. "I'm a huge fan."

Brendon nodded shortly, and started his computer up. It was a Mac model. He also turned on the big box with buttons and pushed a few of them. "The room mics are now on," he said, turning to me. "They'll record us. We can have some fun with this."

I looked all around me, and I completely lost control. I lunged forward and hugged Brendon very tightly. He made an "oof" sound.

"Sorry if I scared you," I said, still hanging on to him. "But this is a dream come true." Brendon knelt down so that he could hug me back. "I never dreamed that I would be standing here, with you, in freaking Urieletric Studios!"

I felt Brendon smile on my shoulder. "My pleasure," he said, muffled.

We broke apart, and Brendon pointed to a microphone on the wall. "We're being recorded," he whispered.

"Oh yeah." I thought of what to do or what to say. I honestly had no idea.

At that moment, someone knocked on the door. "In," Brendon yelled.

Sarah opened the door a bit, and handed Brendon a plate of sandwiches. "In case you're hungry." Then, she left.

"Are we still being recorded?" I asked Brendon after he gave me a sandwich. He nodded. Then, we both giggled. It was really weird, but it felt natural at the same time.

I knew that Brendon was meant to be my dad. I could feel it.

*Later that day*

I went off into my room. I sat on my bed and thought about some things.