Chapter 16: His Name Is-

~from Himuro's POV~
I made it to (y/n)'s apartment, piggy-backing (y/n) because she fell asleep again, only to find Hanji sobbing and Levi, that bastard, grabbing her wrists.
I carefully laid (y/n) on the couch before turning towards them, anger rippling across my normally calm face.
"His name is-" Hanji was saying, but then she saw me. "Himuro?"
Levi, who couldn't see me from his angle, swore, dropping Hanji's hands. "And I thought it was just coincidence that I hated that-"
"Who do you hate?" I asked coldly, glaring at him, and his eyes met mine, his face contorted to reflect the hatred that was shining in mine as well.
"You f**king bastard!" he yelled, lunging towards me, but I dodged, a little too late, and the two of us tumbled to the ground.
"Levi, hang on!" Hanji yelled, pulling us apart. "It wasn't him. I just saw him, is all..."
Levi and I were now facing each other, both of us breathing hard, and two feet of space separated us for our own safety.
With a final glare at him, I stood up and paused by (y/n)'s side, kneeling down next to year.
"Next year, I'll graduate, and then I'll take you somewhere far away where no one will ever hurt you, okay?" I whispered, clutching her hand tightly, and I felt her squeeze back, her grip too weak but still there.
With a bittersweet smile, I stood up, gently detached myself from her, and left Levi's apartment, hands stuck in my pockets as my thoughts swirled like winter eddies.
What am I going to do?
Shougo Haizaki is back, and he's going to hurt (y/n), I just know it.
But what can I do?

Angered by my own uselessness, I returned to work, nodding curtly at the other employees. I didn't like working here, but it was close to (y/n) in case there was an emergency, and I needed to save up money to take care of her after I graduate.
Soon...I thought to myself.
Soon.

~from Hanji's POV~
I watched Himuro leave after whispering something to (y/n), but even after he was gone, Levi was still sitting on the floor, staring blankly into space.
"Levi?" I asked cautiously, taking a step towards him and putting a hesitant hand on his shoulder.
He blinked and slowly got up.
"Are you okay?" I asked, eyeing him warily in case he decided to go and burn down the city.
He just nodded, unusually tight-lipped, and turned towards his room. "I need to be alone for a while," he said, but before he retreated into his bedroom, he cast a final glance back at (y/n)'s sleeping form before quietly closing the door.

~from Levi's POV~
I wish I could say that I am not as shallow as I truly am, but that would be a lie.
I was incredibly pissed off that Himuro had one-upped me.
Sure, I could take him in a fight, but...
...he was the one (y/n) trusted. It made sense, I suppose. (Y/n) caught a cold, but I hadn't been able to care less, whereas he rushed over to take her to get help.
I am the worst brother imaginable, I thought, and I gritted my teeth, clenching my hands. And yet...
Whenever I saw (y/n), I couldn't force a single nice word or gesture to come out of my mouth.
And she just deals with me...
I bit down on my teeth. There was nothing I could do to change myself or our relationship. We were siblings by blood, but in no means were we siblings by choice.
I bet she wishes Himuro were her full brother instead of me.
Wish a sigh, I fell into bed and laid a hand over my eyes, exhausted by all of these useless thoughts, especially since Hanji had most likely just been screwing with me.
She couldn't have been telling the truth, not when (y/n) was always smiling...

~from (y/n)'s POV~
You woke up the next morning feeling much better, but then you remembered him...smiling at you...You wanted to crawl under the covers and never come out.
"What are you sleeping in for, brat?" Levi asked on his way to the kitchen. "You've already missed a full week or two at school. Any more, and they'll come asking questions. Don't make trouble for me, got it?"
Well...it's not like I can hide forever...and it's not like last time. I know what he is and what he does. I just have to avoid him and I'll be fine...And besides, it's not like he transferred for me. I'm just collateral damage.
Forcing yourself off the couch, you looked up to find Levi staring at you intently. Without an explanation, he turned away and continued getting breakfast.
***
You felt like you were holding your breath the entire day. Eren seemed happy to see you, and you forced a smile for him, but your body ached and your mind hurt.
You made it all the way through sixth hour without seeing Shougo, but even though you told yourself that you could handle seventh hour, it was too much for you. Instead, you wound up in the girls' bathroom, vomiting into a toilet as memories forced their way up your throat. When you were finished, you just hid in the bathroom, content in your illusion of safety as you waited for the school day to end.

~from Eren's POV~
(Y/n) is back! She must have just gotten a cold or something. However, when I went to seventh hour, she was gone. Is she still feeling unwell and went home early? I wondered, but something didn't sit right with me, especially when that new kid - Shougo or whatever - came up to our group.
"Can I take this seat?" he asked politely, pointing towards the empty desk between Sasha and I.
Sasha didn't reply (the orange in her mouth serving as her excuse for her silence), but I immediately shook my head. "Sorry. That's (y/n)'s seat."
"Where is (y/n)?" he asked innocently, but something about him just rubbed me the wrong way.
"Not here," I answered, looking away from him. I hadn't meant to be sarcastic; in fact, I often got along with my classmates. So why?
He laughed awkwardly. "I'm sorry for bothering you," he said before walking away and easily sitting down in another group, quickly becoming the center of attention.
With every smile, he made me feel more and more repulsed for some reason I just couldn't identify.