"I would appreciate it if I could return to my post as Theo's right-hand." He added. Hades grimaced.

"Let's call you guys something else. Since you're all cock chasing your second-in-commands, calling them right hands is totally inappropriate." He said. Sept pinkened, scowling to try and cover it up while the rest of us tried hard not to get annoyed with Hades's comment. It wasn't that we were gay, we just so happened to fall for guys. And being surrounded by guys didn't help anyway. The only person who had females working for him was Malachi and Cain, and Cain only had one female and that was Kat, but sometimes I questioned her sexuality the way she eyed one of the servants that had brought wine into the dining hall once. And the fact that she was ripped as fuck under those corsets.

"Okay," Hades continued in irritation, "Hermes is supposed to be stopping by shortly to inform me of Zeus's next plans. I expect you all to be present to tell Hermes why he almost lost his left leg in a fight against Hyperion." Nobody was looking forward to that.

"Now get the hell out of my sight before I change my mind on the democracy thing." He waved his hand and we were all teleported to our proper destinations. Well, except Cain and I. We appeared in Cain's throne room, where, speak of the devil, Kat was waiting. She jumped, startled at our presence before relief filled her face at the sight of us.

"Lord Cain, you're alive." She breathed, approaching us, then bowed low at the waist in respect. Cain blinked, looking like he had nearly forgotten her. She'd changed her hairstyle, from it's long dark ponytail to a short pixie cut with bangs that fell across his face and made her green eyes look even bigger.

"I am," Cain said at last, recovering from his moment of shock and lifted his head so he could look down at her, taking on his former bossy self, "And I want to know what the hell's been happening here since I left. If even one servant was allowed extra money--"

"No, of course not, my lord," Kat told him, then paused when Cain scowled at her for interrupting him and then nodded for her to continue, and she obeyed, "Everything has remained as you wished it. Unfortunately, some of the forest between here and Elysium has been damaged due to the battles as of late, but we assure you that is all. We even made sure to order your weekly attire from Demonic Fashion." I gave Cain a weird look, folding my arms over my chest.

"I thought you hated Malachi. He created that, you know, for money." I pointed out. Cain gave me a sour glare.

"Don't remind me. And he's not the one who makes the corsets anyway," He snapped, then looked at Kat, who stood at attention, "Very good, Kat. I appreciate it." Kat bowed low at the waist as Cain dismissed her and she vanished with a sharp pop. Cain turned to me now, reaching out to touch my shoulder, before sliding his hand down my arm affectionately, giving me chills.

"I'll send you back to Malachi's and you can come by later after I make my rounds." He said. I blinked, looking at him incredulously.

"Send me back to Malachi's?" I asked. Cain dropped his hand, his expression going blank.

"Yes. You told me you wanted to remain with Malachi... And," He hesitated and I saw the pain flicker through his eyes, but he swallowed and it vanished, his eyes drifting up to meet mine, "And I respect your decision to do so. You are my brother, my best friend, my lover, my soulmate. I want whatever you want." He was lying and I knew it. Not about the soulmate thing, but about wanting what I wanted. He didn't want me to go. I could see his fingers twitching to grab me and hold me and never let go. My heart soared at that. I stepped forward and put my arms around him, hugging him tight. Cain gasped a little, obviously caught off guard, before he put his arms around me in return and embraced me tightly.

"You're such a bad liar," I said quietly, squeezing him to me, "Just tell me what you really want." Cain's grip tightened on me and he buried his face against my neck.