Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter Twenty-Two

Cain and I teleported to Malachi's palace, but it felt wrong.

Even without teleporting from room to room, I could feel the eerie emptiness of the entire palace.

"They're not here." I managed, heading down the hallway that led down to the dining hall. Cain moved quickly behind me, frowning as he looked around and I could feel his powers reaching out to try and find Malachi, but just like me, he ended up with nothing.

"Not even the imp?" Cain asked.

"Not even Dorean." I responded uneasily. Cain cursed, taking my arm and pulling me to stop.

"They probably already took them. We can't risk wandering around here. We need to check on Theo next." He informed. I hesitated. I wasn't sure if I wanted to leave, but he was right. It would be useless, because obviously Malachi nor Adrian were here, not even Dorean. I let him teleport us to Theo's palace, appearing right in the center of the throne room. It was empty, except for Theo's cloak draped across his throne of human skulls.

Cain came forward and picked it up to reveal that it was soaked in blood. He instantly dropped it and stepped back as I winced. The stench of it was horrid and powerful. Where could all that blood come from? What had they done to him?

"And Sept?" I asked, looking around. No sooner had his name left my lips was there the sound of something thumping vigorously against the inside of a door. Cain and I shared looks before following the sound down one of the hallways that branched off the throne room. We eventually came to a room that I recognized as Theo's bedroom. Sept was bounded tightly with the god restraints and squirming, kicking his foot into the nightstand that bashed against the wall and made the thumping sound. I ran to him first, leaving Cain to guard the door.

"Sept, are you all right?" I demanded, reaching up to pull the rope out of his mouth. Sept glared at me impatiently.

"Where the hell were you two?! Hannibal broke in because all of our men were sent into town so there really wasn't anyone here to defend him! They took him! They took Theo!" He snarled. I glared at him impatiently, but decided against saying anything snarky given how pissy he was about Theo, but Cain didn't have the same self-preservation.

"We were captured too, you selfish dick," He snapped, making Sept shoot him a dirty look, "Hannibal had us taken somewhere else. We spent nearly two hours trying to get out."

"Yeah, well, at least you both look fine and dandy," Sept said angrily and his voice cracked as I finally broke the ropes off him and he stood up, running a hand through his hair in distress, "They hurt him. He's hurt, bad, and I have to get to him."

"We need to get everyone else," I said as gently as I could, "We can't do it on our own. Prometheus is a full blooded Titan, Hannibal's a halfbreed, and Rara's also a pretty tough deity to handle. We need to find the rest." Sept hesitated, but reluctantly nodded. I sighed in relief, gestured Cain over to me. We grabbed hands and teleported from Theo's palace in Styx to Cerberus's home just a few miles outside of Hades's palace.

A cold icy sensation tingled down my spine at the sight of Cerberus's destroyed house. The windows were completely shattered and there were a few dead guards. How they could be dead, while already being dead, I had no idea. Prometheus and the others had more power than we anticipated. I led the way through Cerberus's destroyed front door. Everything was broken and shattered and there were even walls that had crumbled. And to be honest, most of it looked like Cerberus's work.

We made our way down the hallway toward his office. I hesitated at that door, but Cain went ahead and threw the door open anyway, making Sept and I grimace. We entered to find the room half blown to bits with the desk split in half and bookcases toppled over everywhere, books and papers scattered as if a tornado had ripped through here.