Dreaming Unrevealed

They finally arrived at headquarters. Peggy and Steve to the nursing station so they could both get looked at. The doctors helped Steve in the gurney because he was still passed out. Some soldiers brought in the bloodied stick and gurney so they could burn it, Steve's blood couldn't get into Hydra's hands.

Peggy stopped by and they changed the wrap around her shoulder then she went to check on Steve. He was awake for a few minutes to talk to her then passed out mid sentence. She stopped Dr. Grant to ask if it was normal for him to be passing out this much. He said yes but only because of the pain he's in and how long it took to treat him.

As he was passed out Peggy watched him. His eyes began to flutter and he started twitching.

Here we go again. She thought.

This time she heard him whistle a little. He was mumbling something. Her curiosity told her to edge closer to him, which she did.

"Don't....ow....how......to.......ance." He was trying to say something but his voice wasn't the right volume to listen. She couldn't make out what he was saying. Then he stopped twitching and trying to speak. He shivered then stillness. This is where she guessed the dream ended.

His eyes opened.

"Back from the dead I see?"

"Like always." They smiled at the thought. "I'll try and stay awake this time."

"No you don't have to." She didn't want to see his reoccurring dream again but was also curious to hear what he was trying to say. "You need to rest."

"The only way I can relax is when you're sitting with me." Peggy got up from the uncomfortable chair to sit with him on the hospital bed. "I'm just reeling you in today."

"I think we've done this too many times."

"Done what?"

"Lay in a hospital bed. You're usually the one that's wounded."

"Well, I am Captain America. I'm the main target."

"So it seems. Just try to be more careful during battle alright?"

Steve passed out again. Peggy waited to see his usual tell tale signs of the dream.

Within a few moments, there were the usual signs. He was dreaming again.

*

When Steve woke up about an hour later, he was going to stay awake. Peggy hadn't noticed his eyes opened because she was reading a magazine in the chair.

"Peggy?"

"Oh darling you're up. How do you feel? Do you need anything?" She put down her magazine and gave him her full attention.

"No I'm fine." He patted his head where his gash was. "I think my head healed."

"Well that's one less thing. How's you're body?"

Steve lifted up his blue tee shirt to reveal gauze that went around his side. There was bright red blood on the white mesh.

"I don't feel much pain anymore."

"That's good. Do you want me to get the doctor so he can check on it?"

"Yeah. Could you?" Peggy nodded and went find Dr. Grant or Dr. Huss. She came back with Huss.

"Hello Steve how are you feeling?" She said.

"Much better I think I'm done passing out for the time being."

"Ok excellent. I'm going to cut the gauze now to check on the wound. If it needs to heal more we'll replace the gauze right away but if it's a scar we are going to replace it in an hour so it has some breathing room."