Star-Spangled Man Back In Action

"Peggy!" Howard called her over. He ran up to meet with her. "How are you holding up?"

"How do you think Howard?"

"Bad."

"Yes."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"There's nothing to talk about. I watched the one I love die. And you know what the worst part is? I never told him I loved him. Not once. I was too scared. And I'll never have a chance to take that next step with him because he's gone." She and tears streaming down her face. Howard reached out to hold her arm.

"I'll find him Peg."

*

It's been two weeks since the crash. Peggy is still traumatized. More teams were sent to destroy the rest of the factories. As far as everyone knew, America's icon is gone forever and he didn't show up to the Stork Club.

People were running into trucks. Peggy stopped one of them.

"Why is everyone running to the trucks?"

"They found Captain Rogers!" Peggy stopped in her tracks. She's finally been let out of hell. She sprinted to the trucks and got on. She didn't know where she was going but went to Steve at any cost.

"Does anyone know anything about the Captain?" A few soldiers raised their hands. She picked one.

"They said he's been frozen. We're all going to see him get broken out of the ice." She nodded. She chose another soldier.

"I heard that he lit his flare so they could find him." She nodded again and picked the last soldier.

"I heard he was still alive in the ice." Peggy was glad she was given actual information. Steve is alive!

"I heard he may have lost memory though." A soldier stood up and said. This destroyed Peggy. What she was feeling was crushed. What if he didn't remember her?

"Where are we headed?"

"To the airport. They said that they were going to fly him in."

"Thank you." Peggy sat back down and waited for the ride to end.

They arrived at the airport and Peggy was the first one out of the truck. There was a small building a lot of people were near. She asked if the block of ice was in there and the soldier nodded. Peggy pushed people out of the way only to find Steve in the block of ice on a counter. She looked worried. She kept asking herself the same question: will he remember me?

"We are about to break him out. Everyone please stand back." Everyone took a step backwards and the doctor proceeded to chop away at the ice. After about several minutes his face was out. Ten minutes later and his body was freed. After about an hour the ice was gone.

Steve still didn't wake up. They checked his heartbeat and it was very slow and quiet. About a beat a minute.

After about another hour all of the soldiers left to get back to work. Peggy stayed of course and ignored her pager. It was just Peggy and the doctor in the small room. Touching Steve's hand felt colder than the ice he had been in. The question still echoed in her mind.

Steve began to wake up. His eyes fluttering and still closed. They opened and then they opened wide. He sat up.

"Where am I?"

"Steve you've been in ice for two weeks do you remember anything?" At first Steve looked confused then he looked into her dark eyes that he used to get so lost in.

"Peggy?" She was about to burst into happy tears.

"Yes. I'm here, Steve. What else do you remember?" She had tears streaming down her face and a smile so wide it reached ear to ear.