There's only one way to do right -chapter 4-

I wanted so bad to storm over there and snatch her ass up, but I knew I couldn't make a scene like that. And she wasn't even my girlfriend or nothing like that so I had no business trying to control what she did anyway.

I knew I couldn't let her see me so I quickly hid bind the bleachers and knelt down to hear what they were saying. I kept looking behind me to see if anybody was paying attention to what I was doing but they were still focused on the basketball game.

I turned back around and tuned in. "Tell, Money I'mma hit him up later if this shit is good."

"Nah, you tell money yourself. I ain't telling that nigga not-" The guy she was talking to stepped closer to her, all up in her personal space which cut her off.

"Look bitch, don't be playing no games with me," He reached out his hand and set it on her shoulder. "Like the fuck I said, you gonna tell Money, I'll hit him up later. End of discussion." He pulled back his hand and put it on his hip.

I saw the side of his shirt move and I had a feeling he was flashing his gun tucked in the waistband of his pants from the expression on her face. I was so ready to hop out these bushes and bust this dude's ass but I had to lay low. I would eventually get Rhyon to tell me what was up.

I continued to watch as the conversed about whatever until he eventually walked away. Rhyon stood there for a minute biting her lip and twiddling with the fingers, wearing a troubled expression. I decided now was my time as I pushed away from the cover of the bleachers and into her view point.

She looked startled as she saw me come out of nowhere. "Kyree!" She called looking like she'd seen a ghost. "Where did you come from?"

"Playing basketball. Wassup?" I asked her casually. I didn't want her to know yet what I had saw her doing.

"Nothing much," She continued to play with her fingers. "I was just leaving."

"Really?"

"Yes." I was getting pissed now. Fuck tryna beat around the bush.

"So who was that dude?" I stared at her hard and she flinched.

"Just some old friend. You know," She laughed nervously and balled her hands into fists.

“Mmhmm,” I nodded like I did but really I knew what was going on. I was debating whether or not to blow her shit but then I thought. Nah what she does is not really my business and I promised myself that I wouldn’t get involved with the streets again. And I’m not, especially not for some girl I barely knew.

With that in mind, I forgot all about what I just saw. It’s too bad that she was involved in this though. She was such a sweet girl and we could have been friends but I definitely didn’t need the extra baggage. I don’t even know why she was doing it. But they say you can’t judge someone else’s situation from the outside looking in but still…

“So, um, yeah, I just saw you over here and thought I’d say hi. Let me get back to this game though.” I said to her and smiled.