13

It's morning, and everything is gone. Family's houses are gone, some families are gone, the soldiers are somewhere and they betrayed us. They told us we were safe, they told me they'd find my family. Apparently all of my family is dead, I have no one. The black man's name is Victor Strand, but he prefers Strand. He seems angry all the time, Nick explained to me that Strand saved his life, then he saved Strand's life, now Strand is saving our lives. We are at his house, Ofelia's soldier boo shot her. So she has a wound in her shoulder, and her father won't let anyone near her. Ofelia's mom is dead. I hang out in a room with Alycia, Chris, and Nick. Nick has his arms around me and just stares at the ground. Chris glares at Nick and me every so often, and Alycia just sits behind me and does different hairstyles on me. All of a sudden, Chris leaves. Alycia leaves as soon as he sets foot out the door. Nick and I exchange puzzled looks, but then he says. "Ah, finally some alone time." As he smiles and puts a hand on my thigh. He leans in, and we kiss. This time I'm confident, and don't feel nervous. But then I stop him. "Babe, if you're not ready. Just tell me." He says, giving some space behind our heads. "It's not that. I love you, and enjoy kissing you." I giggle. "But, I feel like you need to go talk to Strand, and see what his intentions are for survival." He nods understandingly at my words. He gets up and leaves, I'm left alone. I fall asleep, for the first time in two days.
*That night*
"Babe! Babe!!" I hear Nick's urgent voice, as he shakes me. "What?! What's wrong?!" I ask, wide awake. "We need to get out of here, they're making a wild fire happen." He says helping me up, and I run to grab whatever I can out of the kitchen and bedrooms. I find a large bag, and throw it all in. Soon the bag is full, and I run for shore. I see orange flames rising and spreading. Then I stumble across Chris and his mother. But, Chris is hovering over her. She's dead. "Chris come on!!" I scream tugging at his shoulder. "STOP!I'M NOT LEAVING HER!" He yells angrily, pushing me away. I see a boat come to shore and a small figure waving. Nick is signaling us to come to the boat. Travis pulls Chris up, and they carry her body to the boat. I run, trying to pass through the waves. Suddenly I feel a tug on my foot. It becomes stronger, so I throw the bag full of things into the boat. Then one of the infected come up, and pounces on me. I scream in horror and shock. Nick notices, and turn on and flips up the motor. He slices right through its head, making it dead. For good. He helps me in to the boat. Once everyone is in the boat, he drives the boat to the yacht. There we board it and go claim rooms. It's been a dreary night.