Chapter 7 | Mom & Mom?

Chapter 7 |

Mom & Mom?

"Wait, this is you house?" I turn to face him, my eyes wide. "Wait, why do live with us then?" I asked, wondering if he had so much money why didn't he just live in this mansion.

Wally gave me a smile that resembled more of grimace. "You'll see." Was all he muttered.

Suddenly, the sound of multiple footsteps ring through the house. Curious, I turn to face the direction it was coming from. Let's just say I was shocked to see who was there.

What looked like an entire family walked out from the hallway in front of us, near the kitchen. A blond lady was leading them, she was dressed in a grey pantsuit matched with a pair of bright yellow heels. I'd assume decorating was all her. She had grey eyes that were basically an exact copy of Wally's, or should I say Wally's were an exact copy of hers. Her hair was pulled in a tight bun, and her skin was a light shade of coffee. Her gaze landed on Wally and her eyes lit up. "Wally!" She exclaimed, "You came!"

Wally grinned, but it seemed a bit forced. "Yeah, and I brought a friend." He gestured to me, causing his mom to acknowledge me for the first time.

She gave me a once over and was seemingly unimpressed, but nonetheless she remained polite, greeting me with a simple. "Hello, it's nice to meet you."

From the corner of my eye I could see Wally roll his eyes.

"Mom! Hurry up, we're going to be late." From behind Mrs.., wait, I didn't even know Wally's last name. Sheesh, how embarrassing. Glancing behind her I saw a little girl dressed in a florescent pink ballet outfit. Tutu and everything. Her hair was slicked back in a tight ballerina bun, and I grinned. I remember those days.

Wally's mother turned around and sent the little girl a smile. "Don't worry, Fleur, we'll make it there on time." Fleur just frowned, crossing her arms across her chest letting out a small 'humph'.

"Susan! Hurry, Fleur's recital starts in 10 minutes and it takes us at least-" The sound of footsteps accompanied the hurried voice, and wow was all that I could say was she was hands down the most attractive woman I had ever seen. She was also a carbon copy of Wally.

I was so confused.

"Wally!" The beautiful lady broke into a run and straight into a run towards Wally. He caught her with ease, seemingly used to this.

I was very much indeed confused, so so much.

"Hey mom." Wally greeted her with a smile.

I am officially the most confused I had ever been in my life, what was going on?

The gorgeous lady looked at me over Wally's shoulder. She gave me a curious look before tapping Wally on his shoulder, indicating that he was to put her down. Once her feet was planted firmly on the ground and she faced me with a curious look on her face. "Who are you?" She asked me, unlike the first lady she was a lot more welcoming and was just genuinely curious as to who I was.

I sent her a smile, despite my itching curiosity I wanted to make a good impression, "I'm Sonya. I'm Wally's friend." I introduced myself, putting out a hand for her to shake.

Her eyebrow arched slightly at the words Wally's friend, before shaking her head at me. "No, in this family we hug, none of that pish posh hand shaking junk." She explained, before grabbing me into a firm hug.

"Apparently, hugging isn't the only thing you do." I swear I heard Wally mutter something along those lines, but seeing as no one had any reaction, I assumed I misheard him.

"Well, since you're here and Fleur has a dance recital, would you like to join us?" She pulled away from me and glanced towards Wally as she asked the question.

I looked at Wally and gave him an expectant look. He just shrugged and gave me a look that said, If you want.

I turned back towards Wally's mom, or whoever she was. "Sure, but, um if you don't mind me asking, what should I call you?" I asked, feeling very awkward.

She just grinned and replied. "Call me Loran."

***

We had arrived to Fleur's dance recital, Wally's mothers? were walking ahead of us holding her hands. Loran told us that they were going to drop Fleur off at the stage and that we should find our seats.

So, currently we were walking around looking for my seats when I blurted out. "What's your last name?" I turned to him with an interested expression.

He gave me a weird look before chuckling lowly. "It's DeFrence."

My jaw dropped. Did he just say. "DeFrence as in the son of famous celebrity stylist and owner of the biggest ballet school, Loran DeFrence and billionaire business man Carl DeFrence?!" My mouth was as wide as it could go, if I felt like I didn't know Wally before, the feeling just quadrupled. I just discovered that he was basically had money flowing in his blood. Heck, he was probably born into a pile of money.

Wally kind of grimaced but nodded. Noticing that he was uncomfortable with the topic I decided to let it go. For now. So, to move on from that uncomfortable topic I changed it to another uncomfortable topic.

"So, if Loran is your mom. Who is Susan?" I muttered, quickly glancing at Wally to gauge his reaction. "If you don't mind me asking, you don't have to answer."

Wally's face became clouded and I could see that his jaw was clenched tight along with his fists. "Well, since we're living together and something about you makes me want to trust you." Was his reply. We had finally reached the seats, so we settled in and Wally began to speak again. "Susan is my mothers wife, and her ex-mistress."

Well, let me say boom boom, cause that bomb was dropped.

He must of noticed my shocked expression and explained. "My parents are divorced, and it was because my mom was cheating on him with her best friend, who happens to be Susan. Susan was also married but she divorced her husband and gained full custody of their daughter, Fleur." He said all of this in a monotone voice. "She doesn't really like me and the feeling is mutual so, I don't visit my mom often cause of that, but there's the story of my messed up family."

I was unsure of how to react to this, it's not everyday you meet somebodies mom and her wife. Not knowing what else to do, I just grabbed Wally's hand and simply uttered an, "Okay."

He gave me a small smile and gripped my hand tighter, not saying anything because at that moment Wally's mom and Susan returned.

At least I wasn't confused anymore. Was all that ran though my head as the curtains were pulled and the lights began to dim.

-----

hey guys, hope you enjoyed this chapter..it's definitely a shocker huh? did any of you expect that? also how do you guys feel about my daily (or kinda daily uploads?) do the chapters seemed rushed or badly written? let me know in the comments. leave a vote if you like them!!

much love, cece.