Chapter 5 | I Gotchu Baby Girl.

Chapter 5 |
I Gotchu Baby Girl

"Whoa!" Wally exclaims, amusement underlining his tone. "What's the rush?" I look to see the smiling face of Wally, his grey eyes squinted slightly from how large his smile was and it was then I noticed he had a slight dimple on his left cheek.

Soon, the smile was gone, he must have finally noticed the sour look on my face. "What's up with you grumpy?" He asked, noticing the close proximity we were in, he also backed up.

I just shrugged, gripping the strap of my ballet bag.

Noticing my strange behavior, Wally becomes more serious. "Hey, Sonya. Seriously what's wrong?" This time he grips my shoulders and forces me to look up at him.

Sighing, I decided to just tell him. "Let's go to the car first." I couldn't even talk, I just whispered those words to him and walked outside.

I didn't need to look back to see that Wally was trailing behind me, probably wondering what dampened my mood so much.

Finally, we reached the door of Wally's dark grey Ford Flex. He unlocked the door and I slid into the passenger seat. I threw my ballet bag in the back of the car, and turned to face the window.

I heard the driver's door being opened and soon after Wally revved up the engine. The soft sound of Raw & True by Kehlani rang through the car.

"So, what happened." Wally finally broke the awkward silence that was placed around us.

Sighing, I decided that it was better to get it all out instead of keeping it to myself.

It was in a self help book I think.

"I got suspended from coming to lesson's, all because Satan made up a lie about me bullying her cause she's white." I mumbled, clenching my fist.

From the corner of my eye, I could see Wally whip his head to face me, before saying. "WHAT?"

I just shrugged, "What happened, is what happened."

Wally didn't say anything, seemingly deep in thought. We spent the rest of the ride home surrounded my the tranquil voice of Kehlani.

***

Currently I was curled up under my covers, my room was filled with the sounds of Kehlani, as I drowned myself in sorrow.

To some people this wouldn't be as big of a deal but ballet was my life. It literally was something that I loved doing from the beginning of time. (Not really, but still.) Now, it was stolen from me, all because that dumb chick made up some lie.

Slowly tears began to run down my face, for what seems like the hundredth time that day.

So far so gone and you think I can't tell, can't tell that you're disconnected, you pulled away and I missed you presence...

"Okay, that's enough." Wally's voice rang through my room, interrupting my pity fest.

The covers were pulled off of me, quite roughly might I add, and standing over me with a frown on his face was Wally. "Get up." He demanded.

I groaned, rolling so that I wasn't facing him anymore. My face was stuffed into my pillow, and spoke. "I don't wanna."

But since my face was stuffed in a pillow it was hard to comprehend.

"What?" Wally didn't even bother to wait for another inaudible response. He flipped me over and sat on top of me.

I gasped, staring up at his grinning face. "Whoa there partner." I muttered, I didn't even try to get him off me, it was easy to see that Wally spent a good amount of time in the gym, and since the only physical activity I partook in was ballet.

His smile slipped away and replacing it was a look of concern. "Sonya, I don't like it when you're sad." He whispered, caressing my cheekbone with one of his thumbs. They were rough with a hint of softness to them.

The action caused me to stop breathing for a moment. Ever since the whole Wally Incident, he's been acting different. We both were.

It was like our relationship, could I even call it that, started to turn in a different direction then planned.

Clearing my throat, I broke eye contact with Wally and answered. " I can't help but be sad. The most important thing to me was taken away, Wally." I faced him again, my voice breaking slightly. "How could I be happy after that?"

He didn't say anything for a minute or two. When randomly his face lit up. "I have an idea." Wally exclaimed, getting off of me and laying down next to me.

I sat up and looked down at him, a curious expression on my face. "How so?" I muttered, running my hands through his curly hair.

I could feel him lean in slightly to my touch before answering. "Okay, but first I need you to tell me, is ballet just a pass time or something that's forever." He asked me, locking our gazes together.

I bit my lip. I never actually said this out loud, not even my mother knew 100% my reasons for taking an interest in ballet, but for some reason Wally made me feel really secure and comfortable.

"Um, " I began, clasping my hands together out of nervousness. "It's actually because of my dad." I spoke quietly, as though if I spoke to loud the world would know my secret.

This caught Wally's attention, he propped himself up on his elbow and focused all his attention on me.

"He was actually a dancer," I smiled, as memories of my father filtering into my mind. "Dance was his passion, he loved every style. Hip hop, contemporary, every style you named, he probably loved. That's actually how he met my mother. She was staring in a local ballet performance and he was critiquing it." I paused to laugh.

"Let's just say it was love at first sight, on my dad's part. My mom wasn't to keen on him at first, but eventually she warmed up to him. But, it was that one faithful night that they both knew that they were in love."

For some reason Wally felt the need to hold my hand, it didn't bother me, instead it comforted me.

"They were preforming a duet, a mix of hip hop and ballet and they always told me that the judges loved it. Sometime during their performance, they felt a distinct charge of chemistry. It was in that moment that they knew this relationship was for real. Shortly after that they got married and had me. Even from a young age my dad taught me all that he knew about dance."

I grinned down at Wally. "I can actually dance every style of dance, but the one that stuck with me the most was ballet. It was my dad's favorite and he made it mine, that's why I worked so hard to become the best. After my dad died, it was just an extra push to become better, just for him."

Wally seemed to be really into my story. "When I first started attending Mme lessons, it was the first time I met Angel, and ever since the she hated me. I don't really know the reason, but I think it had something to do with my skin. It's what she always insults me on."

Wally frowned, "You know what, I gotchu baby girl. We'll show them exactly what you're made of." Giving me a hug, he rolled off my bed. Walking towards my door, he turned and gave me a small smile. "Also, thanks for telling me your story. Night, Sonya." With that he closed the door and once again I was emerged in darkness but this time there was a little less sadness in the air.

-----------

hey guys, hope you enjoyed this chapter, it took me a while to update but i had a bit of writers block and writers laziness lool. but leave a comment on what you thought and vote if you liked it.

-cece