Chapter 2 | Mysterious Cutie.

Chapter 2 |
Mysterious Cutie

Beep. Beep.

The irritating sound of my alarm woke me up from a peaceful sleep. Groaning, I poked my hand out from under the covers to smack the snooze button.

But I never made contact with it.

Instead a hand grabbed mine, and an unfamiliar voice spoke. "You know, hitting the snooze button defeats the purpose of waking up, right?"

Hearing that I jolted out of my bed, grabbing my hand away from the stranger in my room. With my eyes wide, and the sheets surrounding my pajama clothed body I stared at the owner of the voice.

He was tall, like really tall, like he was basically only a handful of inches from my ceiling. His intense grey eyes gazed back at me, seemingly amused at my position. Clad in a pair of Levi black jeans and a plain white tee, he still managed to look stunning. Crossing his muscled and toned caramel arms, he spoke again.

"Are you done checking me out?" The amusement on his face was still very much evident. "Because your mom asked me to come wake you up. We have to go downstairs."

My mom knew he was here? Was the only thing running through my mind. Speechless and still slightly shaken up from waking up to a stranger in my room, I just nodded. The random stranger left my room. I was so out of it, what the heck was going on?

I got up from my bed and began to get ready for the day. It was only when he left, and I was able to clear my head, did I realize that the cute stranger just saw me in my Captain America pajamas. Slapping my forehead, "Great first impression Sonya." I grumbled to myself.

***

Slowly I entered my kitchen to see my mother and the mysterious cutie talking while drinking coffee. As soon as I walked in my mother turned to me with a smile. "Sonya! You're finally awake!" She motioned for me to sit, but I didn't move, at least no until she told me who this guy was.

Weren't parents supposed to be against random boys entering their teenage daughters bedrooms?

I just gave her a look that said it all. I'm not sitting until I at least get a name. Luckily she caught on, or something along those lines. Turning to the mysterious cutie, she said. "Oh! I have to introduce you guys. This," She pointed to the mysterious cutie who was currently smirking my way. "..is the exchange student from Britain that will be staying with us for the next year." She turned to me with a smile.

This was nice and all, but I was looking for a name. Glancing at him, I arched an eyebrow curiously. "What? He doesn't have a name?"

Mysterious cutie grinned before speaking. "It's Wally."

Finally, I took a seat in between my mother and mysterious cu- I mean Wally. The intense early morning hunger began to override my need for answers. As I grabbed a couple of pancakes and proceeded to slather them in maple syrup, I asked another question. "Why don't you have an accent?"

He chuckled. What was so funny?

He always looked at me like I just said the most hilarious thing. "It's because I grew up in Canada. British Columbia to be exact, but then I moved to live with my Dad for a couple years." He explained. "Who lives in Britain."

I nodded, not saying anything else as I decided that the food couldn't wait any longer.

"Well, hurry and eat fast because we are going to Wal-Mart to go back to school shopping." My mother spoke, breaking the silence. Both of us just nodded, shoving our mouths with my mothers glorious food.

***

"Okay, we need: pencils," As I listed the things we needed, Wally threw them in the shopping cart. "Paper." A stack of paper was thrown into the shopping cart. "Pens." Two packages of pens flew in afterwards. "Binders." Two grey binders were added to the pile.

After almost losing an eye, we were finally done. My mom was at the cashier, waiting to get the supplies rung up while Wally and I headed towards the McDonald's at the back.

Trying to start conversation, I asked Wally. "So, how are you liking America so far?"

He looked up from his phone and shrugged. "It's okay, I guess. Vermont's pretty plain." He replied. I nodded, not really disagreeing. Vermont was a pretty boring place, especially in the city of Montpelier. It was basically all trees, as far as I was concerned.

"True." Is all I could say.

It was pretty accurate to say that I was not a good conversationalist, maybe that was why I didn't have many friends.

Finally we made it to McDonalds and I immediately wanted to leave. There at the counter ordering their food were Angel and her devilish minions.

"Oh great." I mumbled to myself.

----

here's the second chapter. i hope you guys liked it. im trying to update daily or as close to daily as i can so that y'all will have more chapters to read instead of waiting for so long. anyway if you guys liked it please leave a like and comment what you think.

-Cece

*edited*